Make a donation

Author Topic: exhaust warning light on (yellow/amber)- poss. intake manifold?  (Read 1152 times)

Offline sgour

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 2
Hey,

Exhaust warning light has appeared on my car this evening and is staying on amber/yellow. There was an intake manifold fault showing up when being scanned earlier this week when getting the DV and PCV valve replaced, but no warning lights so decided to hold off getting it fixed since it wasnt affecting performance. But this evening after giving it a wee burst on the way home today (got it remapped a few weeks ago) the exhaust warning light came on and the car seems to be in limp mode now. Ive only drove it about 1 mile before getting home.

edit: I just started the car again for a few minutes, and the exhaust light didn't come on but it felt more juddery when just idling.

By any chance could this be the intake manifold fault which ive held off getting fixed since it wasn't affecting drive-ability? (Ill be booking it in to get scanned/fixed on Monday now anyway), or what are the other likely culprits?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:32:49 pm by sgour »

Saintsteve

Re: exhaust warning light on (yellow/amber)- poss. intake manifold?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:10:52 pm »
Failing Coilpack or injector on its way out..?

Who is your remap provider?

I would live log blocks 15-16 if you can use VCDS, and also check your fuel trims reading..block 32  :happy2:

Offline sgour

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 08:15:17 pm »
Failing Coilpack or injector on its way out..?

Who is your remap provider?

I would live log blocks 15-16 if you can use VCDS, and also check your fuel trims reading..block 32  :happy2:

Thanks. Its a Revo stage 1 map. I've no VAG-COM though so Ill be off road by the looks of it until this gets sorted. Argh!

The car was running fine 100% right before the light came on then went into what I guess is limp mode.

I was thinking of disconnecting the battery to get it out of limp mode just to see, since the exhaust warning light didnt come on the second time I started the car, but I am thinking this is a bad idea because of the slightly more juddery idling!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:18:27 pm by sgour »

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 08:21:16 pm »
Get it scanned.

Check to see if anyone lives near you with VCDS in that section.

Offline sgour

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »
Thanks all. I checked the spark plugs there and they look fine to my eyes but she is definitely still off a cylinder and can smell the fuel. Looks like it is for the computer next week.... hopefully whatever it is, is not too expensive  :sad1:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:45:11 pm by sgour »