Make a donation

Author Topic: Shell V-Power Nitro + coming tomorrow  (Read 17937 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Shell V-Power Nitro + coming tomorrow
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »
No change in power delivery or performance. MPG was the same too.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline mrbubba

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Re: Re: Shell V-Power Nitro + coming tomorrow
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »
^^^

That's because this is just a rebranding exercise by Shell. Or at the most there is only a slight engine cleaning benefit from the new stuff. There won't be any performance increase.

Still need to fill up some to get my 100 bonus points though :smiley:

I put around £500+ a month in my car and with the Shell points I will get a £10 voucher every 4 months or whatever it is.. Biggest joke of a rewards scheme out there IMO.. How your average Joe who fills his car up every weekend gets anything out of it is beyond me..  :confused:

At least with Tesco you get a decent amount back, plus they are worth up to 3 x their face value when used right.
Get yourself a British Airways American express card, link the shell drivers cub card to your amex, then you earn air miles when filling up (even more if you use the amex card to pay for it)
I've got a load of air miles from them :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
MK2 Leon Cupra

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
Re: Re: Re: Shell V-Power Nitro + coming tomorrow
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2013, 09:54:03 pm »
^^^

That's because this is just a rebranding exercise by Shell. Or at the most there is only a slight engine cleaning benefit from the new stuff. There won't be any performance increase.

Still need to fill up some to get my 100 bonus points though :smiley:

I put around £500+ a month in my car and with the Shell points I will get a £10 voucher every 4 months or whatever it is.. Biggest joke of a rewards scheme out there IMO.. How your average Joe who fills his car up every weekend gets anything out of it is beyond me..  :confused:

At least with Tesco you get a decent amount back, plus they are worth up to 3 x their face value when used right.
Get yourself a British Airways American express card, link the shell drivers cub card to your amex, then you earn air miles when filling up (even more if you use the amex card to pay for it)
I've got a load of air miles from them :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lol my dad has somehow managed to hook my shell card up onto HIS avios/airmiles account! Cheeky boy.

Filled up with a tank of this nitros stuff so see how that goes. Had a good thrash on the way back and....well droveso guess that's good :p
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"