Make a donation

Author Topic: Far from "Awesome GTI"  (Read 2808 times)

Offline gman1986

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Far from "Awesome GTI"
« on: April 25, 2013, 08:57:20 pm »
Well today has had me pretty well pissed off thanks to this crew. Ordered a Powerflex dogbone bush for the R as specified at https://awesomegti.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=AWS92810.

Now, before they have a chance to change that conveniently, it specifies:

Golf MK6 5K (2009-)

In good faith and trusting the website, I ordered said part. After a day, I still had no confirmation of the order so called to be informed that due to a bit of a staff shortage, things were taking a bit longer, but the item would be dispatched that day and arrive the next. Perfect, and to be fair, all was well.

Took the car down to the garage to get fitted and after nearly an hour of messing about, we decided that it wasn't going to fit! Doing some searching on other suppliers sites, there are two different types of bush on the car. A 2008 and earlier, and a 2008 onwards. Naturally, the R has the latter of the two mounts.

Being a reasonable chap, I called Awesome to query what could be done about this mistake.

"Oh, buy another one and send that one back for a refund"

Not exactly the best answer, but I went with it and made my point about it being incorrect.

This is where I was astounded. Apparently it was MY fault for ordering the wrong part.

"But your site told me this part fits my car"

The response? "Websites don't speak".

I couldn't believe my ears, this guy is being serious. He then went on to tell me that they've worked on hundreds of VWs and that they've seen some Mk6's in with pre-2008 parts. Nevertheless, seemed completely uninterested in the fact that it was their website that claimed the part would fit the 2008 onwards bushes.

After much arguing, and the clown at the end of the phone insisting it was my fault for not checking (god knows how I'm meant to do that until I offer up the part - they are very similar looking mounts), his final response was "well what do you want me to do about it". Basically, buy another one and send the part back.

Naturally, the issue I have is that the little sachet of copper grease was opened in anticipation of being used, and the bush is covered in silicone grease to try help it slide into the bush.

Safe to say, completely pissed off and won't be buying off these idiots again. I've always said a real companies worth is only proven on how they deal with mistakes - safe to say this lot failed. Miserably.

I'll be cross posting this post on GolfGTIForum, RForum, VAGOC, Audi-Sport, GolfMk6, UK-MKIVs and of course VW Vortex.

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Far from "Awesome GTI"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »

Offline gman1986

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 09:20:37 pm »
Add yourself to the list mate: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=58081.0

Wow. Had I have seen that thread I probably wouldn't have bothered in the first place. My girlfriend used them a while back to buy an ITG kit for my Mk6 GTI and there were no issues, and I bought a panel filter when I bought my R - again no problems. It just seems to be as soon as you need to speak to them, it all goes down hill. I'm still aghast that he a) had the audacity to blame me for ordering the wrong part, that's specified for my car! and b) tried to defend the website being wrong by saying that you sometimes get old parts on new cars.

Offline gman1986

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »
I've always said a real companies worth is only proven on how they deal with mistakes.

Quote from: Awesomemark
We do get it right most of the time but mainly we only hear when things go wrong, in this game things will always go wrong but how we deal with the situation is how we will be judged

Oh the irony.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 10:04:00 pm »
From Powerflex website:

For vehicles from mid 2008 on use PFF85-704

That isn't the one in the picture...

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:32:15 pm »
personally I always cross reference everything direct from the manufacturers website to make sure its the right part.

Oh well, inconvient but things could be worse  :happy2:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:58:14 pm »
The one pictured is the pre-2008 model one, as I have fitted the red one (weaker bush) in my car.
If you were unsure then you could have called them.

I have heard a lot of stock problems, and long waits on parts recently, I haven't used them since a couple of years ago when I bought my boost gauge and what not from them, I spoke with Al and he was very helpful. Not sure if things have changed now.

Offline chudds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 11:26:45 pm »
i can even picture the guy how you dealt with on the phone... i dont belive his heart is in it... i spent over £1500 with them last year and alway deal with a guy call mike i cant say a bad word about him and they have even stayed open late to remap my car due to a problem with the apr servers but occasionaly you get a bad one in there... like the one that fitted my coil over and lowered one side more than the other much to my tyres upset :/

Offline Deago

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 01:27:04 am »
ordered some engine bay cleaners etc and and some other small items a while back. took forever to arrive considering what it was. Turned up in a soft jiffy bag. I basically had purchased a soggy envelope by the time our postal system had had its way with it. What a waste of time. Ok yes leaked item was replaced, but apparently "the tops were on tight" so what's the issue right?

Offline gman1986

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 01:47:34 am »
personally I always cross reference everything direct from the manufacturers website to make sure its the right part.

Oh well, inconvient but things could be worse  :happy2:

With 20/20 hindsight, it would probably be best. I certainly will in the future. On the other hand, "Awesome" big themselves up to be the defacto standard in VAG performance parts, so you'd think they'd have at least got something that simple right.

I can live with a mistake; they happen. What really grates on me is the way it was handled. Fair enough it was only a 30 quid part, but I can't help but think if I was sitting with a full Milltek exhaust, they'd have had the exact same attitude. "Yeah, just buy another and send that one back".

Offline gman1986

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 01:48:37 am »
From Powerflex website:

For vehicles from mid 2008 on use PFF85-704

That isn't the one in the picture...

Yup. I've seen the one I need now. I've got the 504 part, the pre-2008 one. The website specs the 504 as being for Mk6 2009- :(

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 10:26:23 am »
You could pm awesomemark - he is one of the directors and has been spot on with me.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 09:41:50 pm »
spent a small fortunate recently on engine mounts and few other things so hopefully be all good for me. Can't really go wrong with the engine mounts I ordered but see what happens. Didn't have any in stock but THS had shipped some to them so Monday/Tuesday is due to date for me! I await the post :)
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"