Make a donation

Author Topic: VRM currently recorded as at risk on the security register - HPI Check  (Read 7407 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Just done a RAC HPI check, all came back fine other than "security watch" on At Risk register.

Any idea what this even means? Im buying the car from a car garage who sorta used the clio as a promo tool for themselves and converted it for track use.

Vehicle Ownership
There are many circumstances where the 'owner' of a vehicle is not the 'keeper' as recorded on the DVLA V5C document. These circumstances are described in more detail in the notes accompanying each alert register.
Police stolen
VRM not currently recorded by the police as stolen

Insurance theft
VRM not currently recorded by insurers as a theft

Outstanding finance
VRM not currently recorded as having outstanding finance

Security watch
VRM currently recorded as at risk on the security register

Plate transfer
2 previous plate(s) recorded for this vehicle

Security Watch
This register typically records vehicles at high risk of fraud or theft (e.g. hire cars, demonstrator vehicles and garage forecourt stock). The Security Watch register is primarily used by the Police, finance companies and the motor trade, to ensure that these vehicles can be traced if someone steals them or attempts to sell them fraudulently (for example - perhaps without first settling an outstanding agreement). The registering party will be alerted that an RAC Car Data Check has been made, and they should contact you within the next working day, but do contact us if this is not the case. Please note that you should not purchase a vehicle that is recorded on this register, unless you subsequently receive confirmation that it is all clear from either the registering party or us.

Recorded as at risk on the security register. As a result of your check the registering party will explain the nature of the risk to you by the end of the next working day. If they have not been in touch, contact us and we will investigate for you. We recommend that you do not buy the vehicle before you have been informed why the VRM is on the risk register.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Not heard of that before  :confused:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
just spoke to my dealer mate, says its most likely the private plate that used to have been on the car was involved in a theft

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
That sounds about correct to me

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box