Make a donation

Author Topic: DUB-IOUS Trade show... Thoughts needed!!!  (Read 746 times)

Offline chudds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
DUB-IOUS Trade show... Thoughts needed!!!
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:57:22 pm »
I don't know how many of you have been to the awesome Gti summer bash where they give out huge discounts on there lines and the such...

Well I have been been laid off for 7 weeks so I have a bit of time on my hands and I thought this would be a good idea...

What if instead of a car show we had a pre season trade show?! I'd get intouch with a loud of suppliers mainly manufactures of there retailers and see if there would be interested in such a event...

There will be a few show cars there but the idea is that you turn up with your money and that's it...

From our perspective we get reasonable discounts for mods just before the show season starts and who doesn't want that and the suppliers get a better turn over but take a slight hit on profits so its kind of a win win situation...

Now depending on the reaction I get from you guys and the reaction from the manufactures depends on size of venue and overall size of the event...

It'd be a ticket affair to mainly pay for the venue and will be a strictly no profit venture for me...

So please discuss as I want to get on with this ASAP...

In addition maybe a second hand area where people can bring and buy also which I think would be popular...

Offline chudds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: DUB-IOUS Trade show... Thoughts needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:11:21 pm »
no body has a single thought on this?!

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
Re: DUB-IOUS Trade show... Thoughts needed!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:44:14 pm »
It sounds good on paper, I always wondered if there be would such a market for mini meets for the seond hand market. Im always looking for little tit-bits for the mk4 work car but finding reliable sellers is always a frustration. I begrudge going to VW for someting that costs pennies....if you know what I mean
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers