Make a donation

Author Topic: Golf GTi Pirelli - High end audio installation  (Read 5890 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Golf GTi Pirelli - High end audio installation
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 07:49:38 pm »
Awesome stuff Luis!  :happy2:

Been thinking about getting some sound deadening for the door panels to make them sound a bit more substantial!

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 10:56:34 pm »
Fantastic install Luis and so much detail,love the look of that head unit! :happy2:

Hahahahahaha, nice one Sanj, as soon as my RNS is gone, I get mine. Alpine have it waiting on the shelf............ How are you enjoying yours?

Been thinking about getting some sound deadening for the door panels to make them sound a bit more substantial!

Does make a big difference. When you close the doors after, it sounds really solid with a dull thud. You can hear a marked difference from a door that hasn't been done. I got loads in stock, let me know and I will sort you some out, not that expensive.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Stanipkiss

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 11:20:56 pm »
Awesome install Luis, this must sound epic!

Mk5 Jetta 2.0l Tdi 140 se Apex RDX coilovers, BBS VZ003, Skyline tails, Genuine Xenons more to come

Offline sanj

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:54 am »
Fantastic install Luis and so much detail,love the look of that head unit! :happy2:

Hahahahahaha, nice one Sanj, as soon as my RNS is gone, I get mine. Alpine have it waiting on the shelf............ How are you enjoying yours?

Does make a big difference. When you close the doors after, it sounds really solid with a dull thud. You can hear a marked difference from a door that hasn't been done. I got loads in stock, let me know and I will sort you some out, not that expensive.

Loving mine Luis it was one of the best thing's i've ever done to my Edition30,just saving my money to by a decent set of front component speaker's and a small amp to drive them,would love to see your car with your Alpine finally installed!Once again I must thank you for all you've done for me when thing's messed up on my headunit install and you were alway's there to sort it out,top man! :happy2:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 08:28:26 am »
Awesome install Luis, this must sound epic!

It most definitely does. The clarity right through the volume range is something else. Still needs more fine tuning, but as a base to start with, it's awesome.

Loving mine Luis it was one of the best thing's i've ever done to my Edition30,just saving my money to by a decent set of front component speaker's and a small amp to drive them,would love to see your car with your Alpine finally installed!Once again I must thank you for all you've done for me when thing's messed up on my headunit install and you were alway's there to sort it out,top man! :happy2:

Anytime Sanj, just glad it's all good and working well.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 12:01:12 pm »

I may take you up on that buddy!  :happy2:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 11:04:10 pm »
No probs Nath, just let me know.

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 07:10:34 pm »
Hi Luis

Just arrived back in Hong Kong mate and just wanted to thank you once again for the work on my Pirelli and also my sons car and also a big thanks to your wife for keeping us fed when we were down there. Both cars sound absolutely brilliant and everyone who got to hear the sound quality and see the quality of the install in my Pirelly were blown away by it. The car is cleaned and in the garage with the cover on it awaiting my next trip back to the UK in a couple of weeks, I will try to pop up and see you when back but just in the UK on the Friday and Saturday.

For anybody out there thinking of getting an audio install done then Luis is the man to do it. His attention to detail is awsome and he treats the car like it is his own and does a great job. I gave him a hand on my car and my sons car and mine took 5 full 10-12 hour days, the work involved is mind boggling and a lot more demanding than I am sure most of us think, I was under the understanding that it could be done in 2-3 days but practically all the interior came out and door skins off etc. and at times it was quite frightening seeing my pride and joy like that but Luis was the man for the job and the couple of clips that were broken on panels etc. that were removed he re-ordered and had delivered the next day and he even called in a dent repair guy to fix an almost unnoticeable dent on the rear panel that was allready there as it was the ideal opertunity when we had the car stripped out. When the car was completed he hovered and cleaned it and even wet sanded and polished out some scratches on my sons mates car when he popped in to see us. 100% genuine guy with a passion for the work he turns out.

Regards Paul

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 08:03:33 pm »
Excellent wright up Paul-Be seeking some work of Luis when i get my intercooler sorted

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 09:25:21 am »
Hey Paul

Glad you got back OK.

Thanks very much for the kind words, very much appreciated. Was a pleasure working with you on the car and can't wait to do the second stage and the other mods we spoke about.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Offline DEELEYJ891

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 05:20:03 pm »
nice install dude! would love to have the cash to preform a high end install like yours! bet the sound is awesome!

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 06:55:27 pm »
Wow great build, some crazy power running through it, must sound emmense. That headunit is gorgeous, where did the double din facia come from? Looks like a great match, exactly what im after. Thank you :smiley:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 08:22:24 pm »
Thanks guys, yeah big power, but superb sound quality which was the main aim of the system. Sounds incredible. Crystal clear right through the range, and still some final tuning to come.

That headunit is gorgeous, where did the double din facia come from? Looks like a great match, exactly what im after. Thank you :smiley:

That fascia is an lpine kit for the INE-W928R which comes with the unit specifically for the MK5's. This is an 8" screen so won't fit in normal vehicles. If you would like one, send me a pm, I have supplied a few now and everyone is extremely happy with them.

Offline Crossy112

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 10:36:20 pm »
I was looking at RNS and Bluetooth but that alpine unit is very tempting :drool:

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 03:44:22 pm »
Yeah, it is an amazing unit and integrates with the MK5 better than any other after market radio I have seen. The 8" screen is just a bonus.