Make a donation

Author Topic: Wigan, Newcastle or Sunderland for the drop?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
Wigan, Newcastle or Sunderland for the drop?
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:16:34 am »
So who is going down?

Wigan must be favourites but cant write them off yet and the other two look very poor at the moment.

Wigan play West Brom and Swansea next if they win both can see them staying up..
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: Wigan, Newcastle or Sunderland for the drop?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 10:21:38 am »
face on di canio lastnight= priceless
 :signLOL:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 11:11:37 am »
We've been thoroughly terrible - we don't deserve to stay up. With the investment that Ashley made over the winter we should have been fighting for a European place, not fighting for relegation. Whatever happens Pardew has got to go in my opinion (there are rumours that Benitez will replace him) and we'll certainly lose the likes of Ben Arfa and Cabaye over the summer. Tim Krul's house is for sale too so that a pretty strong indication that he will leave.

I do worry that we have too many foreign (read French) players, and that divisions are appearing in the dressing room.

Still fancy Wigan for the drop though.

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 12:20:04 pm »
We've been thoroughly terrible - we don't deserve to stay up. With the investment that Ashley made over the winter we should have been fighting for a European place, not fighting for relegation. Whatever happens Pardew has got to go in my opinion (there are rumours that Benitez will replace him) and we'll certainly lose the likes of Ben Arfa and Cabaye over the summer. Tim Krul's house is for sale too so that a pretty strong indication that he will leave.

I do worry that we have too many foreign (read French) players, and that divisions are appearing in the dressing room.

Still fancy Wigan for the drop though.

yeah why so much faith in pardew. 8 yr contract?  :stupid:

As a liverpool fan i had to do a double take when saw the score on my phone after 76 min at the weekend  :party:

Wigan look like can score with Kone and Maloney whereas the two North East sides look a bit short on the goal front unless Cisse comes on form or Danny Graham

On anohter note should Michu not have been in team of the season - has Eden Hazard really been better? Looks like Benteke might pip Suarez to 2nd in golden boot at this rate too..

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 12:41:32 pm »

I hope Wigan go. Can't see them ever doing more than fight for relegation, whereas Newcastle have huge potential. Sunderland and Di Canio offer some entertainment in the dugout area, if not on the pitch!!

I agree with Andrew though that Pardew should go, his Buy French policy has backfired massively. However, Henning Berg's payout yesterday suggests it could be pricey!!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 12:43:50 pm »

yeah why so much faith in pardew. 8 yr contract?  :stupid:

I think it was partly reward for last season and partly a statement from Mike Ashley that he's here to stay, and he's trying to instil stability in the club.

I've never known a club that is so effected by momentum. When it's on our side we can beat most teams, but without it we crumble in spectacular fashion. I don't want to take anything away from Liverpool (Coutinho was absolutely superb) but I think most PL teams would have been disappointed not to put a fair few past us on Saturday. In fact that result leaves us having conceded the most goals in the league :ashamed:

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 01:55:24 pm »
i hope wigan stay up tbh, i would have loved stoke to have gone out of the ones near the bottom but hey ho.

liverpool need someone like tiote/diame/essien/yaya etc if we are to push on next season as we can still get steam rollered in the middle of the park against powerful teams because joe allen and lucas aint gonna stop some of the big, powerful afro caribbean lads!

but in fairness to brendan rodgers we have hammered a few teams this year and have better goal difference than everton and spurs but still a fair way off challenging for CL place imo.

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:40:06 pm »
You can also put villa into the mix. It can be anyone aslong as it not Newcastle and il be a happy man. Think one more win will be enough to stay up, dont normally say this but Can't wait for the season to finish its been p*ss poor all season for Newcastle just want to get safe and start a fresh  :fighting:

Wigan or 5under1and to go down I think  :happy2:

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:45:36 pm »
think villa will be ok with benteke firing them in

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 11:41:52 am »
West Ham fan here glad we aren't really in the mix for that now  :smiley:

I really really really hope that Wigan go, they are in that fight every season and always avoid it with a week or so to go, they need to go. And i think if they do go, they wont return.
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator

Offline berg

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 12:06:03 pm »
West Ham fan here glad we aren't really in the mix for that now  :smiley:

I really really really hope that Wigan go, they are in that fight every season and always avoid it with a week or so to go, they need to go. And i think if they do go, they wont return.

agree cant see them coming back, i do agree that they are scrapping every season but in fairness to them they do try and play the game not like Stoke!

I would like Villa or Newcastle to go down now that Stoke wont, not because I have any dislike of either of them but because I prefer the smaller clubs to stay up eg Wigan and Sunderland (sorry Sunderland fans but Newcastle are biggest team in the NE)

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 08:15:17 pm »
I don't understand why anyone would want Newcastle to go down, our fans bring so much to the PL unlike most fans if not all fans of other teams :fighting2:

Offline AndrewJB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 9
  • die gelbe Baron
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 07:37:38 am »
i agree

Away at Newcastle or Away at Wigan

know which one i would choose  :popcornsoda:
2014 Seat Leon Cupra 280 VWR Springs, VWR Intake, REVO Stage1
LeonOC.com & TDISport.com Administrator