Make a donation

Author Topic: This Forum......  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Crossy112

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Re: This Forum......
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 10:05:57 pm »
As a noob, all of the sites I have looked at just don't compare ( no offence), I am here everyday loads of great advice

Offline Dave J

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 45
  • -Receive: 63
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55935.0.html
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 10:52:37 pm »
Agreed - it's a great forum. I haven't found another for the mk5 with the amount of activity and knowledge that's here.

I do find it a bit quiet, but I guess I am used to ukmkiv's from when I had my mkiv - it is a very active forum, and I'd still be there on the mk5 section, but I think the forum database / script (?!) errors are driving the members mad! I got absolutely fed up with it and haven't logged in for months now...

Great info here, and I log on most days - just need to contribute a bit more!

Edition 30 - no. 1387

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 09:11:48 am »
Agree!

SeatCupra.net was good when I used it, a few years ago now.

BabyBMW.net is full of complete tossers that have a chip on their shoulder cos they drive the runt of the BMW range. ANYTHING negative said about the one series and you'll be shot down in flames! They are blinded by the fact that the car wears a BMW badge on the bonnet and fail to realise that it's not actually that premium.
Bit harsh as that can be said of any one make forum.

Nah, I get folk defending their cars if they genuinely think that they are better than another car etc but the majority of the guys on there refuse to accept that there are any issues with the one series lol. For example that the 3 series is a better made car than the one series - anybody with half a brain would be able to figure out that one, its the next model up in the range, and you just have to look at the interiors of both and instantly you can see what is better. As I said, they have a chip on their shoulder because they couldn't afford one of the 'proper' BMWs. I'm not bashing the one series in anyway, it's a great car and I enjoyed owning mine, but the golf is the better car for ME at this moment and time.

Offline Black9

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 10:03:15 am »
This is prob the best forum I have used. Well done

Offline Simpo

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 06:05:08 pm »
Have also found the forum really helpful, I tend to lurk rather than post away and am finding it a little annoying having to wait till 25 posts to sell something though :party: