Make a donation

Author Topic: will my car!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
will my car!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:52:31 am »

should be picking my car up on sat--its been a long 2 weeks with out my car

will my car need to go on the rollers to see if the map on my car is working as it should or will it be ok with out been on the rollers

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: will my car!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 01:05:49 am »
^^^^
Should be fine without going on the rollers.

The rollers might be useful if you think the car has a problem but you would ideally want to run a good few miles before the rollers anyway.

If you've forgotten what your remap feels like, switch it to 'stock', drive, switch to the remap, drive the same road and feel the difference.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:29:40 pm »
Thanks Red Robin,the drive home from Awesome to my house is a 2hr drive -should be well run in by then :signLOL:Also my car is on long life oil so it gets changed every 2 years-but because i only do 2 miles a day would it be best to change the oil every year

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:38:09 pm »
Thanks Red Robin,the drive home from Awesome to my house is a 2hr drive -should be well run in by then :signLOL:Also my car is on long life oil so it gets changed every 2 years-but because i only do 2 miles a day would it be best to change the oil every year
If you only do short journeys, no question, more regular changes requiered as the oil isnt getting up to temperature with that kinda mileage..
Minimum once a year, or if you handy with spanners twice (But thats just me)  :happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 08:48:57 pm »
If you only do short journeys, no question, more regular changes requiered as the oil isnt getting up to temperature with that kinda mileage..
Minimum once a year, or if you handy with spanners twice (But thats just me)  :happy2:
am a tyre & exhaust fitter so no probs doing it my self-good when you can use the ramp at work :smiley: