Make a donation

Author Topic: SAF retires, Moyes to United?  (Read 5692 times)

Offline S4nup

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: SAF retires, Moyes to United?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 04:11:54 pm »
Well, it's now confirmed that Moyes is at United on a 6 year deal.

Offline Mk5Dom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »
Past: MY07/Mk5 Golf Match 1.9 TDI 105PS Manual Steel Grey Metallic
Present: MY13/Mk7 Golf GT 2.0 TDI 150PS DSG Tornado Red, MY14/2K Caddy Startline 1.6 TDI 102PS Manual Candy White

Offline rsreid2000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 04:52:43 pm »
I'm a big Everton fan and Although gutted to see him go I think he deserves his chance at Utd and will do well.
Everton fans best wishes will go with him.

Offline Jamie3184

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 04:57:29 pm »
Good luck to him, definately deserves his chance and hope it all works out for him  :happy2:

Question is who will replace Moyes now, thats a pretty big job to fill as well. Not sure if there is someone who could work with the budget he had and do as well.

Offline wheelygood

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 05:12:02 pm »
Question is who will replace Moyes now, thats a pretty big job to fill as well. Not sure if there is someone who could work with the budget he had and do as well.

i'll be giving my season ticket up if any of this list end up in charge: martinez, lennon, o'neil, aladyce, coyle, hughes, and there are more

i would be happy with laudrup

Offline Jamie3184

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 05:15:54 pm »

i'll be giving my season ticket up if any of this list end up in charge: martinez, lennon, o'neil, aladyce, coyle, hughes, and there are more

i would be happy with laudrup

Don't blame you at all, i wouldn't want any of those in charge if i was a toffee either. Certainly not hughes or o'neil!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 05:51:36 pm »
Happy its been confirmed, Moyes can do well on a shoe string budget, wonder what he can do with 60m?.

I will be supporting him for the long term, if we do not win anything for a year or 2 it's no great loss as long as he starts winning in a few years  :happy2:

As long as he gets the players on side (Which should be easy enough as he was personally recommended by fergie) he should do fine.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:56:53 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2013, 06:18:55 pm »
Happy its been confirmed, Moyes can do well on a shoe string budget, wonder what he can do with 60m?.

I will be supporting him for the long term, if we do not win anything for a year or 2 it's no great loss as long as he starts winning in a few years  :happy2:

As long as he gets the players on side (Which should be easy enough as he was personally recommended by fergie) he should do fine.

thats the right attitude but i cant see many united fans concurring with that really, they will want the title next year as its almost expected.

time will tell. is phil neville going to be his assistant?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline wheelygood

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 06:33:37 pm »
is phil neville going to be his assistant?

steve round is rumoured to be following moyes to OT, there are also rumours going around about neville and staying at everton in some kind of role

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 07:09:19 pm »
He'll be back at Everton in a swap deal for Baines....*taps nose*

won't happen, BK is working on putting a clause in place were moyes can't sign any of our players for 12-18 months

Would be difficult to do that though surely. Moyes no longer has a contract at Everton after this season.

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:49 pm »
What worries me the most is who our bungling board have got lined up (if anyone yet), I reckon it'll be Martinez but Laudrup is quickly becoming the fans choice along with Di Matteo.

I think Laudrup has a successful managerial career ahead of him, a very wise bloke. If I was an Everton fan I'd be rooting for his appointment.
I reckon one day he'll be at Arsenal, just got that feeling...

Baines is a good player, but do United need a left back, Evra has had played well for the last 3 seasons, fellaini not sure about, might be a tad disruptive.

Baines or Felli away and it'll give the new bloke £30m plus to spend, so begrudgingly I'd say let one of em go even if it is to Utd.

All the Man United fans I know agree Evra is too hot and cold, doesn't show defensive awareness consistently plus his attitude & discipline has sometimes been in question.

Baines and Fellaini would be very good signings for United IMO!
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2013, 08:27:52 pm »
Amongst most of my (United supporting) mates we all rate Evra, seems to get better every year.

Most of my mates are long term supporters (all being in the 30-45 age range) so 1-2 years winning nothing is no great bones (As long as its Chelski and not City or Arsenal winning  :happy2:)

Baines would be a good signing, don't get me wrong, but he would likely be sharing pitch time, problem is with RB/CB they are either good at going forward or defending, not usually both   :laugh:

Fellaini, totally unsure about him, Fergie had a habit of removing unruly players from his squads, not sure that would go down to well.

Ronaldo in, Rooney out, would go for that, as others have said Rooney has not been at his best for 12-18 months, only 2 years left on his contract, sell him now and spend wisely.

MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2013, 10:42:06 pm »
Interesting. I hear a lot of "Evra was asleep for that goal" comments. Going forward, he's decent though - goes forward more confidently than Valencia most of the time! Don't know how (injury aside) he's progressed from an explosive, exciting winger into a confidence lacking right back over the last two seasons...

Fellaini is controversial no doubt, he won't keep a squeaky clean record with referees as we know - but isn't he the central midfielder United have been crying out for over the last few seasons? I felt if you'd of signed a Rafael VDV or Wes Sneijder (wages aside, they were both had for good money!) you wouldn't have needed Scholesy' to come back and sit alongside Carrick?

So, Fellaini could offer something there.

Serious question - who'll take Rooney? Massive wage demands, off pitch baggage, needs constant ego management and arguably past his absolute best?
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2013, 11:21:14 pm »
I was slightly in shock yesterday. But I guess it was coming although expected it to be next year.

thats the right attitude but i cant see many united fans concurring with that really, they will want the title next year as its almost expected.

time will tell. is phil neville going to be his assistant?

Yes United fans are in the habit of winning silverware but I'm sure, like Tamiyoman and myself, united fans understood that the day that Fergie retired it would be a massive loss and we have to accept that we might not win anything for the next few years, as united rebuild/readjust under new management.

But will be interesting to see what Moyes can do :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2013, 11:32:58 pm »
Yes United fans are in the habit of winning silverware but I'm sure, like Tamiyoman and myself, united fans understood that the day that Fergie retired it would be a massive loss and we have to accept that we might will not win anything for the next few years, as united rebuild/readjust under new management.

But will be interesting to see what Moyes can do :happy2:

Got that for you!  :wink:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~