Make a donation

Author Topic: Zaino?....  (Read 16026 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Zaino?....
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:18:42 am »

Those who know me know that I don't care about my swirls and chips etc, I'm just looking for a once-a-year protective coat which is extremely low maintenance apart from my usual occasional, weather permitting, 2 hour handwash or speed detailer to remove bird poo etc.

Zaino is a product which has been mentioned by a mate who thinks it would be realistically practical for what I'm like with my car.

As you guys here are such experts on such matters, I thought I'd also ask what you thought about Zaino. But please don't suggest I go for a whole perfection number on my car - You'd be wasting your breath - I can see the good reasoning but I'm just not interested in becoming a cleaning slave even if it is very rewarding. Also, I'd rather spend the money on lapping The Ring. I've witnessed friend Greenouse in the depths of an underground car park detailing his car at around 1 o'clock in the morning! Or was it SteveP? Or possibly both!

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:06:20 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Zaino?....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:15:44 pm »
zaino z5 would be a good choice robin. I know you won't be interested in it taking too long but if your goin to do it, do it right first time round. You'll need a few coats and to clay the car before, to ensure the sealant bonds properly and lasts. If you want any further unconfusing advice, give me a call mate :) 

Offline autoperfection.com

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 28
  • autoperfection.com
    • autoperfection shop
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:26:51 pm »
Hi Robin,

Zaino would be a good option for you, as it will last and cut down your need for subsequent time needed on the car, however, from our own personal experience we've found that Zaino can sometimes be a bit of a pain to use (just our opinion!).

If it's complete longevity you're after from a product, as well as ease of use and value for money (so you have more to spend at The Ring!) then might we suggest you try out our new sealant, which will easily last a year or more from the initial application, which in itself is very easy and should take no longer than an hour. 

If you're interested in giving it a try we can get some sent out to you :happy2:

All the best

Taryn and Jim :smiley:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 06:32:27 pm »
we suggest you try out our new sealant

You can't just write that without posting up details. :drool:

veedub18

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 07:04:20 pm »
Hi Red  :smiley:
In my opinion, Zaino would be ideal for you as you dont want to spend too much time detailing your car, but do expect what you use to make your car look special and perform without any fuss.

I would recommend you get your hands on some Zaino Z2 and some Z8 and see how that makes your Tornado Red shine!

Give the car a wash (and a quick clay if you can, makes the paint feel all silky and gets rid of any cling -ons), then when dry, apply the Z2 with an applicator. Give it half an hour to an hour to cure, buff it off with a cotton towelling type cloth, then finish it off with very light  sprays of Z8 buffed up with a microfibre cloth.

This should last you a considerable time, be very easy to apply and remove, and look fantastic.

Then whenever you wash, you would find it a lot easier to clean, and when dried off simply lightly spray with the Z8 and buff off with the microfibre again, hey presto all clean and shiny  :happy2:

I've used this very set up on mates and families cars, for those who want a good shine but dont want the hassle of white staining on their rubber parts and easy on/off.

I personally find the Zaino range fantastic, I'm a big fan, and use of most of their products, and I'm sure 182_Blue would agree with my findings.

I have tried many products, but keep going back to Zaino  :happy2:

HTH  :smiley:

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:09:21 pm »
To save Confusion Robin, just pay someone to do it :happy2:
If you say you dont enjoy doing it, or cant be bothered to keep ontop of it, then pay someone to do a Once a year special work over, and wash it whichever way you feel best, whenever you feel like it or the weather looks good ( for a Change  :mad:)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 07:11:56 pm by Phil Mcavity »

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:55:40 pm »
Agreed Phil.

If you are going to do it then do it properly. You wouldnt buy coilovers for only the left wheels and leave the others standard would you?

Same with paintwork.

Mike
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 08:30:01 pm »
Agreed Phil.

If you are going to do it then do it properly. You wouldnt buy coilovers for only the left wheels and leave the others standard would you?

Same with paintwork.

Mike

couldnt have put it better myself

TSR powered 1.9 16v mk2 Golf GTI
TSR big turbo mk5 golf gti

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:47:26 pm »
x3
if you do it half hearted then its not worth it all, if its one of a year then pay someone good to do it.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 10:04:58 pm »

Hey! Thanks everyone! :drinking:

I may have given some of you the impression that I hate cleaning my car - I don't - It's just that after about 2 hours it then begins to feel a bit of a chore. I have spent 3 hours before now. I'm just trying to avoid doing something which subsequently forces me into too much of a lengthy regime or makes me feel I don't want to take the car out of my garage because the weather is filthy.

So, it seems clear to me that Zaino is very highly rated. The only other rival product would be Taryn&Jim's new sealant. I've a huge amount of respect for you guys (TnJ) and your dedication and enjoyment in what you do....BUT....I would need to know a bit more info about how this new sealent is better than Zaino which is already well proven.

Special Thanks to Jay for his advice on the phone just now :drinking:

^ 2 days before, the car was all clean and shiny - Honestly!

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 10:13:06 pm »
can i just say i love the stance of your car in your sig red...... looks clean too :signLOL:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 10:47:19 pm »
it looks like he's carrying a dead weight in the boot and leaving the scene at speed :surprised:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 10:58:51 am »
it looks like he's carrying a dead weight in the boot and leaving the scene at speed :surprised:
That will be his zimmer frame! :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:45 am »

can i just say i love the stance of your car in your sig red...... looks clean too :signLOL:

....Thank You, Newey!

BIALI mate Dan took the pic on Sunday and the car was fairly clean too. He uses Zaino on his R32 (nearest) too.

Here's another pic from Sunday : -

And another showing off the stance even better : -

[You really should not encourage me to post pics!]

Offline NEWEY

• Thank You
    • Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 11:23:36 am »
more pics the better i say..... i cant wait to have a stance like that on mine  :driver: