Make a donation

Author Topic: Double din facia?  (Read 13185 times)

Offline wellhouse

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Double din facia?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 05:39:54 pm »
Well it's fitted, 3.5 hours later!  Pretty pleased with it though.

I forgot to take a photo before I started, this is after removing the top of the dash.  The RCD300 and the Parrot CK3100 are going.

The Parrot was a bitch to get out.  The main bluetooth module was buried  under the ashtray section of the dash.

Eventually the old stuff is out, the new Enfig surround fitted and the Kenwood stereo in with a iPod cable through to the glovebox.

bet you had fun getting all those cable back, it was hard enough without the parrot kit

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Double din facia?
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 06:19:03 pm »
bet you had fun getting all those cable back, it was hard enough without the parrot kit

First time was a little tricky, but soon got the hang of it.  Took it out and refitted it a second time to get the head unit sunk back a bit rather than being proud.  Had to take it out again yesterday as I hadn't hooked up the speed sensor cable so videos wouldn't play!  It's a lot easier to fit without all the Parrot rubbish in the way!
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.