Make a donation

Author Topic: Double din facia?  (Read 13182 times)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Double din facia?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 10:34:52 am »
Or you can get a custom fascia made, like I did for this Vauxhall Astra Twintop with an Alpine ICS-X8. Surround was all blended in to match the radio and the fascia and then sprayed a high gloss piano black. Finished off with a wet sand and machine polish to get the smooth high gloss finish I was after.

Not the greatest picture. Will try and take a better one with a proper camera next time car comes back for the sub box in the boot.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 11:15:21 am »
Do VW not do a genuine fascia that will be colour matched to the dash?
i know SEAT do two types (OEM NAVI with rounded edges, and aftermarket rectangular type) which are colour matched to your dash.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 04:00:42 pm »
Squeeguk - that fascia looks great!  :congrats: i may look into doing this, looks superb!

SKARD - i like the sound of that, no doubt its crazy money from VW themselves!

Offline sengh

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2013, 08:14:14 am »
I have a kenwood one similar to the auto lead posted in the earlier post. It's rubberised and look very oem I'm selling it if any ones interested.

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 10:09:33 am »
I have a kenwood one similar to the auto lead posted in the earlier post. It's rubberised and look very oem I'm selling it if any ones interested.

Pics and price?

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 10:11:21 am »
Skip through to 18min 30 secs in this video and you'll see what I've ordered.  I think the single piece facia looks great.

That one is awesome, whered you get it?

It seems im spoilt for choice

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 11:49:41 am »
Skip through to 18min 30 secs in this video and you'll see what I've ordered.  I think the single piece facia looks great.

That one is awesome, whered you get it?

It seems im spoilt for choice

I bought it from Enfig Car Stereo in the USA (http://www.enfigcarstereo.com) I got a $10 off code in April + postage was about $90... converted to £59.35 on my credit card.  I've had to page £8.41 import tax plus £8 customs handling fee so in total was £75.76

It's being delivered on Thursday by Parcelforce so I guess at the end of the week I can tell you if it's worth the money!!!  :scared:
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 08:09:30 am »
Well my Enfig kit arrived from the States yesterday, so guess what'll I'll be doing tomorrow!
Black 2008 GTi, InPro smoked door mirror indicators, genuine Autohaus Wolfsburg plate holders, uk legal pressed metal plates, LED number plate lights, MTEC super white headlights & side lights, LED internal lights, Polo stubby aerial, Kenwood DDX4023BT head unit & Enfig surround.

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 09:30:53 am »
Well my Enfig kit arrived from the States yesterday, so guess what'll I'll be doing tomorrow!

Awesome keen to see this done :)

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »

Awesome keen to see this done :)

I'll post some pictures... thats on the basis I actually manage to do it without mashing the car up!  :grin:

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2013, 02:32:14 pm »
Well it's fitted, 3.5 hours later!  Pretty pleased with it though.

I forgot to take a photo before I started, this is after removing the top of the dash.  The RCD300 and the Parrot CK3100 are going.

The Parrot was a bitch to get out.  The main bluetooth module was buried  under the ashtray section of the dash.

Eventually the old stuff is out, the new Enfig surround fitted and the Kenwood stereo in with a iPod cable through to the glovebox.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:36:37 pm by f1fan »

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:29 am »
Nice one mate, thats a great looking facia, thatll be the one for me me thinks.

Thanks for the help guys  :drinking:

Offline f1fan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 03:13:07 pm »

Well it's a little expensive importing from the USA but its a great kit. Side brackets have tiny adjustments so you can get the head unit perfectly positioned and the colour match is very good. Just make sure you go for the matte black version!

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 05:13:54 pm »

Well it's a little expensive importing from the USA but its a great kit. Side brackets have tiny adjustments so you can get the head unit perfectly positioned and the colour match is very good. Just make sure you go for the matte black version!

ideal, thanks for the advice :happy2:

Offline wellhouse

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 05:35:45 pm »
I used the Connects2 CT23VW07 Double DIN fascia in mine, a bit pricey but I think the results are great in the end as it fits flush. I had to improvise on securing the unit to the cage as it didn't come with the correct screws oddly but I had some spares which just fit luckily.

I got mine from this ebay seller (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350586403346?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649), hope this helps.

got to agree, they cost a bit more but really look oem, i'm happy with mine.