Make a donation

Author Topic: tornado red paint  (Read 1306 times)

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
tornado red paint
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:27:52 pm »
can anyone point me in the best direction for paint correction and polishing products...
about to buy a rotary polisher and need to get the right stuff..
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline smithyc1987

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
  • 08 Tornado red gti monza 2s and full leather.
    • Email
Re: tornado red paint
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:58:08 am »
Hi mate.  If you have never used a rotary before i suggest you get a scrap panel and practice as you can cause serious damage to your paint if done incorrectly.
It may help to get a pdg also.
Compounds/polishes all depend on the severity of defects and level of correction required.
Heavy swirls and scratches id use 3m fast cut and matching pad, but again if used wrong this can really ruin your paint.
You would be best to start with softest combo first and work your way up.
Start with 3m ultra fine and a blue 3m pad then up to extra fine with yellow pad if you dont see results.
The megs 105/205 are also very good user with hexlogic pads.
Practice practice practice.
Id also suggest an ipa wipe down inbetween stages to fully see level of correction you are getting and to make sure you are correcting not hiding defects.

Any more info just ask pal.

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 07:31:29 pm »
Before even contemplating  using any sort of abrasive cutting compounds, I would get the Paint thickness measured 1st. :smiley:

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:19:57 pm »
great info you guys....thanks for that
i have a da polisher for few years but just too much work to get the swirls and the staining left by birdsh*t out so gonna move up to a rotary
 :happy2:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off