Make a donation

Author Topic: Hidden aerials  (Read 864 times)

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Hidden aerials
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:13:30 pm »
Hi all, I have finaly got around to trying to fix the radio on my kenwood head unit.  There seems to be a loose connection in the loom from the aerial to the connector on the end, it works for 5 minutes and then stops working when the connector moves around a bit.  I have tried a replacement connector but without much luck, I think the cable must have a break in it somewhere.

I am now tempeted to use a standard FM aerial but I dont want all the hassle of taking out the headlining to fit something like a shark fin, has anyone has any luck with hidden aerials?  Can anyone recomend one?

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Hidden aerials
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »
Hi all, I have finaly got around to trying to fix the radio on my kenwood head unit.  There seems to be a loose connection in the loom from the aerial to the connector on the end, it works for 5 minutes and then stops working when the connector moves around a bit.  I have tried a replacement connector but without much luck, I think the cable must have a break in it somewhere.

I am now tempeted to use a standard FM aerial but I dont want all the hassle of taking out the headlining to fit something like a shark fin, has anyone has any luck with hidden aerials?  Can anyone recomend one?

No one had any experince of something like this?

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »
you don't need to remove the headlining to change the aerial just drop it down a bit at the back, also the rear windscreen maybe where other aerials are located which you could utilise then just run a new cable to the front and job done, probably take a novice a day to do, there are plenty of write ups on how to remove trim etc to do what you need.
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline fliprio

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 01:15:44 pm »
I have found plenty of write ups about changing the aerial, but none about how to replace the cable which I imagine is a right pain