Make a donation

Author Topic: Blue MK5 GTI a5 Gledrid Roundabout  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Cwm7

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Blue MK5 GTI a5 Gledrid Roundabout
« on: May 19, 2013, 09:32:32 pm »
Coming off the roundabout as I was going on, gave a quick wave  :happy2:

2006 Black GTI 5dr Leather - Shark Stage 3, Neuspeed P-Flo, Autotech Internals, Pipewerx Down Pipe & Sports cat, Walk, Dog Bone Mount, Whiteline rear arb.

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Blue MK5 GTI a5 Gledrid Roundabout
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:34:22 pm »
You waved? or the driver of the blue golf waved? Where abouts is Gledrid?
Had a decent road trip from the Midlands to Mid wales yesterday, so potentially could of been me??

Rich

Offline Cwm7

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:03 pm »
Hi Rich

Driver of the blue waved, Gledrid is between Wrexham & Oswestry, BP garage just off the island & a Shell garage couple of hundred yards further down the by-pass.

2006 Black GTI 5dr Leather - Shark Stage 3, Neuspeed P-Flo, Autotech Internals, Pipewerx Down Pipe & Sports cat, Walk, Dog Bone Mount, Whiteline rear arb.

Offline JregGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 09:48:24 pm »
Nope wasn't me then dude! Sorry!
I think I was probably grinning too much to have 'waved to the queen' had she been on the road as it was my first decent cross country journey since buying the GTI, and to say I was enjoying it would be an understatement.

:happy2:

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 10:04:11 pm »
Very possibly me mate! Was it around midday? I was heading back from snowdonia and saw 2 gtis on my way back.
Always wave...often get looked at like I'm mad!

Offline Cwm7

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 10:31:35 pm »
Nope wasn't me then dude! Sorry!
I think I was probably grinning too much to have 'waved to the queen' had she been on the road as it was my first decent cross country journey since buying the GTI, and to say I was enjoying it would be an understatement.

:happy2:

No problem mate, keep enjoying it, mine puts a smile on my face every time I drive it  :happy2:

Offline Cwm7

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »
Very possibly me mate! Was it around midday? I was heading back from snowdonia and saw 2 gtis on my way back.
Always wave...often get looked at like I'm mad!

Yeh was about midday, wasn't expecting a wave as its the first GTI to acknowledge me  :drinking: Daily drivers a Transporter Kombi Sportline so I should be used to being waved at by fellow VW's as not one passes without acknowledging.
Nice looking motor you've got, bet it was a good drive back from that way yesterday!  :happy2:

Offline TANNER

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »
Thanks mate! yours too, always good to spot a someone from the forum out and about.

It was a good drive back but I had the missus in the car and our friends behind in a CRV and Hyundai Getz so had to keep it sensible!  :evilgrin:

Offline Cwm7

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »
As you say, always good to see another member out & about.
I know the feeling, often puts a damper on things. Think I'd had an earful moments before I passed you, enjoying the car a little to much apparently!  :evilgrin: