Make a donation

Author Topic: Demon Wash snow foam shampoo  (Read 2645 times)

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
Demon Wash snow foam shampoo
« on: May 20, 2013, 12:32:49 pm »
As I was all-out of snow foam, I took a run into Halfords to see what they had, and bought some of this stuff.. was about a tenner for two litres, so expensive but that's Halfords for you..

Verdict - Foamed great (1 inch in foam lance bottle), smelled fantastic (like marzipan) and dwelled for around five minutes. Seemed to work better than the well-known pH neutral foam does at shifting dirt  :happy2:

However I'm not sure about it's wax-safe rating as the bottle did have an 'Irritant' warning, unlike the pH neutral snow foam (can't remember the brand)

So... not a bad, if expensive, product if you can't wait for internet delivery and need some foam in a hurry!
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline gjseb16

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: Demon Wash snow foam shampoo
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:30:58 pm »
snap i have tried this last weekend as ran out didnt find is foamed very well but i think my snow lance is crap to be fair

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:41:47 pm »
As I was all-out of snow foam, I took a run into Halfords to see what they had, and bought some of this stuff.. was about a tenner for two litres, so expensive but that's Halfords for you..

Verdict - Foamed great (1 inch in foam lance bottle), smelled fantastic (like marzipan) and dwelled for around five minutes. Seemed to work better than the well-known pH neutral foam does at shifting dirt  :happy2:

However I'm not sure about it's wax-safe rating as the bottle did have an 'Irritant' warning, unlike the pH neutral snow foam (can't remember the brand)

So... not a bad, if expensive, product if you can't wait for internet delivery and need some foam in a hurry!

This is currently on  offer in my local asda for £4 for 2l so I have some of this to try as well.
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline Jaywoo-GTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:11:30 am »
Unfortunatly there not on offer in asda anymore, I managed to grab a couple when they were

Offline markc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 07:45:47 pm »
I'm using this at the moment, bought on offer at Wilkies months ago.  I find it does a fair job too, doesn't foam very thickly but certainly removes a fair amount of surface cack.  My car is waxed with AG HD, and it does not seem to be removing it after many washes.  Smells fab too  :smiley:
Had: Edition 30, 3 Door Manual, Pearl Black, Cruise Control, IPod Prep, Arm Rest, Auto Lights and Wipers