Make a donation

Author Topic: My car's not well!  (Read 486 times)

Offline vaheedakhtar

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
My car's not well!
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:44:59 am »
I've booked my car in to a VW indy next week for a list of issues - but don't have a clue what the problems could be.

Issue 1. These's a 'slushy' noise coming from the from right wheel at low speeds. Firstly, I thought it might have been the tyre - so dropped in to a friend of mine - who owns a tyre place, and he said the tyre was fine and it could be a bottom arm issue. There's no noise after 15-20mph - just a low speeds.

Issue 2. My dashboard has lit up like a over exuberant Christmas tree. About 2 weeks ago, the ABS, ESP and tyre puncture lights started popping up on the dash - after around 45mph. They would go off after a restart and then pop up again, if I went over a speed bump/45mph. Now - the lights are permanently on. Add to that, the Steering wheel light has popped up on a amber now. I know the first issue is related to the brake sensor - because I had a similar problem with my first MK5; but is the steering wheel light related?  

Issue 3. When stopping the car on a slight down hill, there's a noise coming from the left of the chassis and sounds a bit like a ball rolling down a tube and hitting a dead end. It's the best description i can make, tbh.

On top of all this, the rear brake pads are also getting done. The paint work is a shambles, it needs to go to VW because the rust has started showing on the wings and the wheels need doing...which i'll be plasti-dipping, once this rubbish weather decides to do one.

The car just feels so creaky and worn at the moment.  :sad1:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:06:58 pm by vaheedakhtar »

Offline tardinabox

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: My car's not well!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:06 pm »
issue 1 could be a wheel bearing?