Make a donation

Author Topic: Which air intake?  (Read 18607 times)

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
Re: Which air intake?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 12:24:19 pm »
EVOMS for a bit of cha cha cha.

LMAO  :grin: :happy2:
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 12:54:32 pm »
MC 71, just wondering did you get rid of the ITG because you didn't like the noise style or because it was to loud ?
It's just when you said you preferred the evoms its just when I heard an evoms I thought it was louder than the ITG !

:happy2:

MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 01:14:41 pm »
Yeah recently upgraded to Pipercross panel. Only going to Stage 1.5 I think, pre cat and map. So might just keep stock set-up.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 01:46:36 pm »
MC 71, just wondering did you get rid of the ITG because you didn't like the noise style or because it was to loud ?
It's just when you said you preferred the evoms its just when I heard an evoms I thought it was louder than the ITG !

For me the reason for getting rid of the ITG Maxogen was loudness (and that alone) and not the noise style. Out of the 2 I honestly preferred the sound of the ITG but (personally) I thought the EVOMS was a wee bit less invasive in the cabin, noise wise. No direct comparison as I didn't run one straight after the other. I'm just a bit fussy so will probably get the APR/VWR CAI with its cannister and see what that's like re loudness and cabin noise.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Itsagthing

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »
Thanks for the tips mate ill be hoping to chase 380hp so will see if the stock filter would flow or maybe just make my own intake

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 05:06:24 pm »
Where are you located, if your close buy ill let you have a listen to my ITG
R32 Recaro bucket seats (individual colour), Golf R MFSW with cream stitching, Cream stitched gear gaitor to match, RNS510, highline cluster, Ko4 turbo, Forge twintercooler, Forge oil catch can & washer bottle, Autotech fuel pump, Neuspeed power pully, S3 injectors, ITG maxogen intake, Red top coil packs, Milltek Full 3" exhaust straight through. AP Coilovers, H & R Anti roll bars, Tarox 10pot calipers front & S3 rear calipers rear.

Saintsteve

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 06:02:40 pm »
I've heard an Evoms on a Revo stage 2 ed30 , and my Forge Twintake on my stage 2 Ed30, and noise in the cabin is roughly the same.

There is no such thing as a quiet induction Kit  :laugh:

If you want quiet, then stick a panel filter in your oem housing or a Carbonio which won't give you any notable bhp but might increase your throttle/torque response ever so slightly.

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 06:20:56 pm »
My Volant closed IK has the best of both worlds, quite subtle whilst driving normally, but includes all the usual induction noises when you get on it; I'm very happy with it.... only prob. is that it costs a bit getting it from the US.

What I liked about it was the OEM look to it:

It takes the air feed from the usual place and from behind the headlight similar to the twintake in that fashion.

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 06:36:23 pm »
Its only a great seller due to price....  :wink: If the evoms were 190 quid, then everyone would have one.

Although I see where you are coming from, the Neuspeed is far from a poor bit of kit and well up to the job, especially for what I suppose you could class as light tuning (stage 1/2/3 on a K03 GTI.)

I had one on my K03 GTI and it was great  :happy2:

I used an ITG on my stage 3 K04 S3 as I thought the bigger bore prior to the MAF was warranted on that.

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline Itsagthing

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 07:45:37 am »
My Volant closed IK has the best of both worlds, quite subtle whilst driving normally, but includes all the usual induction noises when you get on it; I'm very happy with it.... only prob. is that it costs a bit getting it from the US.

It takes the air feed from the usual place and from behind the headlight similar to the twintake in that fashion.
This is epic I really want one of these but don't know about how to order? Us ebay? Surely even with import tax wouldn't cost as much as a twintake?

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 03:37:54 pm »

This is epic I really want one of these but don't know about how to order? Us ebay? Surely even with import tax wouldn't cost as much as a twintake?

Pretty sure that picture is of my old ED30 fitted with the Volant "Powercore" Intake, I bought it from a parts dealer in USA (WCP Diesel) and had it shipped to a mate in (Texas) USA (Shipped free from dealer to my mate)  who forwarded it to me (Cost around £40 in shipping from memory), I bought it because no one else had one and I liked the look of it, I did not like the look of the ITG (Blue Peter toilet roll and grannies clunge sponge) and the Twintake was a bit bling for me!, I think Scotty may have bought it from me in January?.

I did a sort of review, link below, with shipping and VAT (if your unlucky enough to pay it), I doubt you will pay more than £210 for one, think it cost me £198 shipped (plus K04 Take off pipe £23), fitting around 30 mins.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,43434.0.html
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:58:00 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 04:06:07 pm »
It is yours mate, my engine bay is dirty in comparison, so stole your pic :happy2: 

It works out a lot more expensive when you have to pay taxes, think mine came to ~£250... which was more than I wanted to pay tbh... but at least it's different and as said, I like the OEM look.

Offline Simon_2.0t

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2013, 04:16:12 pm »
I really like the look of the above set up, any chance of a video?

Any links to where can buy?

Si

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 12:29:37 pm »
It's much quieter than an open air, infact when driven normally you'd barely notice it:

Volant Powercore

Compared to a Neuspeed P-Flo:

Neither video is mine. 
IF you want the noise all the time, then go for an open cone, otherwise a closed system will suit you better.

Offline mk4gti-t

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 61
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 03:08:06 pm »
Has anyone had any ex with the Pipercross filter that connects to the original engine cover?