Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheel refurb & dent removal - SW London / Surrey  (Read 1560 times)

Offline vickster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 1
Wheel refurb & dent removal - SW London / Surrey
« on: May 24, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »
Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good mobile wheel refurber (or bodyshop) as the 18" Monzas on my 'new' GTI are pretty tatty - Epsom / Sutton area.  Also, someone to repair a few little dints / chips?

Also the bonnet liner is quite tatty so thought I'd get a new one - presume VW is the place for this - approx stealer cost?

I have some cash coming my way, so thought I'd get the car fettled a bit :)

Cheers  :happy2:

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Wheel refurb & dent removal - SW London / Surrey
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:10:47 pm »
Not quite your region, and not mobile, but I'm always happy to recommend Lepsons in Gillingham.

I've used them several times and they have always done an awesome job  :happy2:

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:19:58 pm »
Not quite your region, and not mobile, but I'm always happy to recommend Lepsons in Gillingham.

I've used them several times and they have always done an awesome job  :happy2:

Deffo Lepsons, wouldn't go anywhere else!!  :happy2:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »
For wheel refurbs I would recommend a chap by the name of Dips in West London near Heathrow. He does all my wheels and is very well known in the BMW world. In fact, I will be picking up some recently refurbed and powder coated Classix wheels tomorrow morning from him. Will put some pics up on my build thread tomorrow afternoon if I get a chance.

For dents, I use a local guy to my by the name of Chris. He's very well known around my area of Camberley and surrounds and does a fantastic job taking out dents. I highly recommend him.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline DFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 12:22:57 pm »
Wouldn't touch Lepson's with a barge pole! Took my wheels there for a refurb and still after the 3rd attempt they managed to get a half-ar$ed finish on them. The only good thing I'd say about the place is Chris who deals with the delivery/collection from customers. Top notch fella who couldn't do enough to try and get it sorted. Shame the rest of the company doesn't have his attitude!

Fish

Offline vickster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 01:10:21 pm »
Cheers all.  Really needs to be mobile as I can't get anywhere in the week.  Don't want to be spending loads of time and money travelling anywhere

If they refurb wheels for Romans, I am sure they do a good job!

http://www.wheelthing.co.uk/mobile-repair-service.php

Offline samdem

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 05:47:56 pm »
theres a place in guildford called wicked wheels, got recommended before to me but have never been

Offline vickster

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 06:38:10 pm »
I found them too, and they are mobile as well  http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk/alloy-wheel-refurbishment.html  £70 for an 18" refurb with tyres on, so that isn't bad :)

Offline OSB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 10:18:50 pm »
Can highly recommend these guys. Not mobile but will lend you wheels while yours are being done, so you are mobile.  Also good for body stuff. Woking based.

http://www.wheelsapproved.co.uk/

Offline Jakesangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 10:42:49 am »
Hi, we used www.wheeldoctor.biz and they are based in Horley Surrey and also do a mobile service as well. They did an absolutely fantastic job on our Grand Cherokee Jeep and were very reasonable in terms of price. I will definately use them again for our Gti wheel refurb when needed.

Hope it helps. We did also consider the guy who does wheel refurbs for "Romans" as it is just round the corner from our house but chose the Wheel Doctor in the end as he seemed slightly more professional over the phone. Obviously I appreciate that a phone conversation wouldnt have any bearing on the quality of workmanship but it was just our personal choice at the time. Good luck