Make a donation

Author Topic: Auto Finesse Revitalise  (Read 5850 times)

Offline Falky

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
  • GTi Ed30
Auto Finesse Revitalise
« on: May 25, 2013, 06:45:25 pm »
Has anyone else used this before? I have had this fit for a bit but not had the time to use it until today due to uni work, noticed that it is REALLY dusty and quite dry polishes, anyone else noticed this?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:53:31 pm by Falky »

Saintsteve

Re: Auto Finesse Revitalise
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:29:16 pm »
Zaino FTW  :happy2:

Offline Falky

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 1
  • GTi Ed30
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:54:38 pm »
Zaino FTW  :happy2:

Which zaino polishes do you use?

going by you sig pic your also a fellow TR'er, what products do you use?

Saintsteve

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 10:04:30 pm »
Zaino FTW  :happy2:

Which zaino polishes do you use?

going by you sig pic your also a fellow TR'er, what products do you use?

I use Z5 pro polish, Z6 gloss enhancer, Zaino ZIO, is also good as your base or primer,before you clay 1st for best results.

In this order I would use Z18 clay, using Z7 shampoo. Then Z AIO, followed by Z5Pro, and Z8 ultimate , and the spitz over with Z6 gloss enhancer to finish.Really easy stuff to use. Lasts minimum 6 months on the car. awesome products.

This is mine after its had these products used..

Saint steve

Speaks for itself. :happy2: mobile phone camera used only aswell  :grin:

Visit

Www.ZainoEurope.com

« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 10:10:36 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 10:29:08 pm »
It is quite a dusty polish to be fair, even the Tripple is a little  dusty but its still good !

Not excessively dusty though !
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:59:03 pm by gobbleplease »
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 11:28:11 pm »
While the results are good I should stress that you can achieve those results with pretty much any brand of product, once you move past Halfords own brand/Turtle Wax there is not really a difference in the capabilities of products from large manufactures such as AutoSmart, Autoglym, AutoFinesse, Dodo, Zaino, etc etc.

Yes there are some products which work better than others, for example Meguiars Tyre Dressing is always going to be better than Auto Finesse Satin, but there is no single wonder-range of products out there!

To be honest I reckon a professional using Halfords own brand could net better results than a numpty having the an entire collection of products at their disposal!

I'm also intruiged as to see how things last 6 months. This is not a dig or a pop but a genuine question.

The most I've ever gotten out of any non-ceramic LSP (on my old TDI which was daily driven and absolutely mint for 150k) was probably Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, a freshly prepared surface is 2 and a half months before beading and/or sheeting NOTICABLY drops to the point where it almost looks like there's no LSP on the car at all! The only other wax which got close was Collinite 476s.

And further to that, a member on Detailing World did a test between Autoglym HD wax and AutoFinesse Desire (another wax which claims 6 months durability) and both lasted around 3 months on a panel simply sat in his back garden and not subject to the dirt and grime attack that cars would be subject to when moving. On a daily driver unless you go for a ceramic coating (which normally require a full machine correction prior to application, and a large garage or unit for the correct conditions for curing) you'd never, ever get 6 months durability.

I have used the Zaino shampoo and Z6 and while they were OK they were not game changing, just my opinion of course. Z6 was nice to apply & remove but I can't say it produced any better result than Megs Ultimate Quik wax or Auto Finesse Finale.

As for the AutoFinesse Revitalize, I was for a long time an AF Fanboy but since changed my tune over the whole debacle of them making Desire (which was sold and advertised as a limited 500-run wax) into a mass production wax and telling me "not to moan because I didn't have it" (completely forgetting that I had bought every month a pretty large shipment of goods).

I have no problems now in saying that everything AF make is already available on the market, whether as bulk or in regular sizes, from other manufactures. You could buy everything they made yourself if you so desire.. Hah, see what I did there?

Anyway, what I'm saying is, their polish is almost certainly out there also branded another polish, if that makes sense, and you would combat the dusty-ness in the same way -
Ensure your pad is primed properly,
Try adding a few sprays of a quick detail spray to your pad after working each set to try and help the polish spread further.
Failing that try buying another polish which is very oily and putting a few tiny dabs of that onto your pad at the same time - sounds strange maybe but really works.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:30:20 pm by xjay1337 »

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=8fm9npdpqiaved42dmjo67llri&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 12:31:44 am »
Jay.... Steves car travels about 76meters a year so his scenario doesn't count in real terms

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:11:36 am »
Jay.... Steves car travels about 76meters a year so his scenario doesn't count in real terms

And gets the full works every other day. That's how it lasts 6 months.

Saintsteve

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 07:32:13 am »
 :booty:

The cars done the same mileage as yours Rich. 70K , seeing as I purchased her 5 years ago with 19k on the clock :confused:

And gets the full works every other day. That's how it lasts 6 months.

You might have a point  :signLOL:

Saintsteve

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 07:36:52 am »
While the results are good I should stress that you can achieve those results with pretty much any brand of product, once you move past Halfords own brand/Turtle Wax there is not really a difference in the capabilities of products from large manufactures such as AutoSmart, Autoglym, AutoFinesse, Dodo, Zaino, etc etc.

Yes there are some products which work better than others, for example Meguiars Tyre Dressing is always going to be better than Auto Finesse Satin, but there is no single wonder-range of products out there!

To be honest I reckon a professional using Halfords own brand could net better results than a numpty having the an entire collection of products at their disposal!

I'm also intruiged as to see how things last 6 months. This is not a dig or a pop but a genuine question.

The most I've ever gotten out of any non-ceramic LSP (on my old TDI which was daily driven and absolutely mint for 150k) was probably Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, a freshly prepared surface is 2 and a half months before beading and/or sheeting NOTICABLY drops to the point where it almost looks like there's no LSP on the car at all! The only other wax which got close was Collinite 476s.

And further to that, a member on Detailing World did a test between Autoglym HD wax and AutoFinesse Desire (another wax which claims 6 months durability) and both lasted around 3 months on a panel simply sat in his back garden and not subject to the dirt and grime attack that cars would be subject to when moving. On a daily driver unless you go for a ceramic coating (which normally require a full machine correction prior to application, and a large garage or unit for the correct conditions for curing) you'd never, ever get 6 months durability.

I have used the Zaino shampoo and Z6 and while they were OK they were not game changing, just my opinion of course. Z6 was nice to apply & remove but I can't say it produced any better result than Megs Ultimate Quik wax or Auto Finesse Finale.

As for the AutoFinesse Revitalize, I was for a long time an AF Fanboy but since changed my tune over the whole debacle of them making Desire (which was sold and advertised as a limited 500-run wax) into a mass production wax and telling me "not to moan because I didn't have it" (completely forgetting that I had bought every month a pretty large shipment of goods).

I have no problems now in saying that everything AF make is already available on the market, whether as bulk or in regular sizes, from other manufactures. You could buy everything they made yourself if you so desire.. Hah, see what I did there?

Anyway, what I'm saying is, their polish is almost certainly out there also branded another polish, if that makes sense, and you would combat the dusty-ness in the same way -
Ensure your pad is primed properly,
Try adding a few sprays of a quick detail spray to your pad after working each set to try and help the polish spread further.
Failing that try buying another polish which is very oily and putting a few tiny dabs of that onto your pad at the same time - sounds strange maybe but really works.

Other thing to factor into longevity if whether the waxes melting point is high.Some waxes melt off the panel in high temps( not that we get much in this country recently!) and also some polish/wax combo's can be simply pressure washed off !!  :surprised: and hense why it doesn't last as long as others.

I would say, I would at least try it, I've heard the same about Auto finesse's stuff being quite dusty.

Offline detailer

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
  • I like things shiney
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:20 am »
Really it all boils down too prep. But zaino is a very good product.  :happy2:

Saintsteve

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 08:37:43 pm »

A  water sheeting video of Some Z6 and Z2 on my bonnet on saturday ..

See how long water stays on the bonnet...

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 08:45:59 pm »
Zaino make some good products then?

Saintsteve

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 08:55:24 pm »
Zaino make some good products then?

Nah

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 03:10:27 pm »

A  water sheeting video of Some Z6 and Z2 on my bonnet on saturday ..

See how long water stays on the bonnet...

Sheeting seems a bit slow?

It very much depends what kind of products you like. For example I like beading as the water sits beautifully on the paint. However some prefer sheeting.  :popcornsoda:

I've got a couple of videos up with different products in use.

Collinite 476s and DodoJuice Supernatural Glass Sealant

And Nanolex Washcoat that I was trialling.

Considering the washcoat did not even need touching on the car at all, I was quite surprised at how good it was. It was literally spray on, rinse off.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:13:43 pm by xjay1337 »