Make a donation

Author Topic: I keep having impure thoughts on selling... tell me Im wrong!  (Read 1268 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
Hello...

Well I've not posted for ages and generally I've tried to keep off the site... as every time I came on here I ended up convincing myself I needed to upgrade something.

And that doesnt help when I'm trying to save money :) . I got engaged in March and we are getting married in September so all unnecessary spending is on hold.

Truth is thought the car is pretty much exactly as I want it now. It looks identical to an ED30 inside and out. It looks awesome with its OEM+ mods. It constantly puts a smile on my face when driving. I know its 'only a golf' but this is by far the best car i've owned in terms of the stage of perfection i've got it to, speed, handling, usability, cheapness, etc.

All of this means that I'm desperate to keep it.... but between us we have 3 vehicles (My Van, Golf, and she has a little clio) and we really need to go down to two cars. Also I will be moving from a house with lots of off road parking to somewhere with rather tight on road parking.

I need the van for work... so that has to stay.

So do i let her drive the golf and risk it becoming less than perfect? I'm a perfectionist and I know I will fret over every parking dent and alloy scrape and it could cost a small fortune keeping it in A1 condition if its being used more regularly by someone that isnt quite as anal about its condition (although she is pretty good with it and knows how OCD I am).... BUT... the upside would be at the end of the day I still have it to drive and enjoy on the weekends etc...

OR...

Sell the clio and the golf and get something a bit more run of the mill that I care less about so wont mind if it picks up a few dings and scrapes.

Anyway... i dont suppose I'll get an answer and I'm more just saying hello and having a quick look through the forum again really  :drinking:

Cheers.

Nathan
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline jamiew

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: I keep having impure thoughts on selling... tell me Im wrong!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 12:14:55 pm »
keep the golf as u enjoy it

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:17:42 pm »
Sell the Fiancée  :happy2:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 12:19:39 pm »
Why sell something you enjoy? The only reasons to sell are you fancy a change,can't afford to run it,fancy an upgrade,need the money or just plain bored of it but as you still enjoy it why sell

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:28:06 pm »
Why sell something you enjoy? The only reasons to sell are you fancy a change,can't afford to run it,fancy an upgrade,need the money or just plain bored of it but as you still enjoy it why sell

Yes i have no desire (or money) to move on at the moment but the car is nicely locked away in a nice off street parking location at the moment. When we move there is no off street parking and its a narrow road and it will be used daily so will be much harder to keep it perfect.. and if its not perfect I'll stress about it more and wont enjoy it so much on the weekend (as the weekend will no doubt be spent making it perfect again)

Oh and selling the finace isnt an option  :signLOL:
Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 04:30:41 pm »
Sell the Fiancée  :happy2:

This. Or loan her out?  :laugh:

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 10:48:13 pm »
It depends on how much you like ironing.

If the gorgeous gti gets the odd ding or scrape it will give you something to fix, which will keep you occupied while the wife is ironing your boxers.
If you buy a boring car that you don't care to fix, you'll have to iron your own boxers.
'07 Red manual

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 11:00:40 pm »
Sell the French clutter, buy the misses a bus ticket and enjoy your pride and joy!  :wink:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline jedi-knight83

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 12:05:44 am »
It depends on how much you like ironing.

If the gorgeous gti gets the odd ding or scrape it will give you something to fix, which will keep you occupied while the wife is ironing your boxers.
If you buy a boring car that you don't care to fix, you'll have to iron your own boxers.

haha excellent