Make a donation

Author Topic: coilovers.....another post :D  (Read 475 times)

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
coilovers.....another post :D
« on: May 27, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »
So I currently have Ap's and have been more than happy with them and i wouldn't be having this conversion had i not got rust on my arches.

I want to take my car in for rust but I feel I will be taking the pee if I leave it so low.

I attempted to raise the suspension but coukd only get 1 side higher as the other side after many attempts and many magical products couldn't get my seized adjuster to move.

So im going to have to take it to a garage for the strut to be taken out and see if they can move it. If they can't I'll be wanting new coilovers.

I dont really want this to happen again and tbf the Ap's have been untouched on the car for 4years so the fact one side moved was amazing.

The question is do I go Ap's again or maybe weitec or more expensive? Are they better protected against things like this? I have about 1k inc fitting and have always wanted some arbs too so im trying to decide whether to get £850 coilovers or £550 coilovers and a set of arbs.

Opinions? Owners and seller's are more than welcome!

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
Re: coilovers.....another post :D
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 03:15:54 pm »
Weitec are meant to be good. Iv got KW V1s on mine and love them! My mechanic sprayed mine over with protective grease stuff whilst fitting them

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 03:25:30 pm »
Weitec are meant to be good. Iv got KW V1s on mine and love them! My mechanic sprayed mine over with protective grease stuff whilst fitting them

I covered mine in grease which stopped rust just not this apparently.  What ever I get next I will build into the service regime to move the adjusters and re grease.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 03:28:11 pm »
What you suggest sounds best, not alot else you can do!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build