Make a donation

Author Topic: Tescos parking ticket.  (Read 3866 times)

Offline Nodz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Tescos parking ticket.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 02:10:45 pm »
Tesco Tools..... I have a parking ticket placed on my windscreen at least 3 times a week from these guys... I always park over the white line to avoid anyone opening their doors into the car when shopping plus we all know the types of people who push their trollies between cars  :confused: I always do this in the so called quiet part of the car park to avoid any hassle with people looking for spaces...

This has been going on for the last 2 years...

I always park over the line at the local tesco extra but normally on the end of bay one which has 3' of cross hatch lines and haven't got any tickets. Saying that my local one is intent on clamping HGV's that park there, just waiting for the day they clamp one of the highways agency's trucks

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 02:51:37 pm »
Some interesting takes on this...

My works car park is now controlled by Euro Park - or something along them lines...

I recieved a ticket early last year and have not paid it a few red lettered letters have arrived which I have ignored and nothing is to come of it yet so fingers crossed... :)

Offline andyR43

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 03:15:42 pm »
I do refurbs on Tesco stores and Asda stores and have been told by numerous store managers that if you get a parking ticket from their car parks just ignore it..........it will go away!! :happy2:

Keeping it original..............or not!!

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 04:34:26 pm »
Sorry I should say that if you as the RK is required to name the driver.......reply saying you were not driving at the time. You fulfil your liability in law (this Ofcourse different to the speeding ticket in the post name request).

Tesco Tools..... I have a parking ticket placed on my windscreen at least 3 times a week from these guys... I always park over the white line to avoid anyone opening their doors into the car when shopping plus we all know the types of people who push their trollies between cars  :confused: I always do this in the so called quiet part of the car park to avoid any hassle with people looking for spaces...

This has been going on for the last 2 years...

I always park over the line at the local tesco extra but normally on the end of bay one which has 3' of cross hatch lines and haven't got any tickets. Saying that my local one is intent on clamping HGV's that park there, just waiting for the day they clamp one of the highways agency's trucks

Clamping is now illegal apart from police/council!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 02:44:03 am »
Sorry to dig this back up but just wanted any more thoughts on this one. I had a good read through the money saving expert link and it talks about appealing the fine from the get go and the stages you go through. I've just got back from holiday after not hearing from them for a while to pick up another letter now from a debt recovery company. I'll paste the letters for you to have a look over. Any legal eagles on here??

The bit on the last letter stating "if we do not receive full payment or contact from you etc etc, this matter may be passed to the landowners solicitors to commence court proceedings" Sounds to me as they have no power to collect and I dont take any further action , they just bounce it back to TPS???? All very confusing :confused:

Anyone else had it go this far??

Offline adamm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 10:18:58 am »
I'd ignore it.

Had loads of these through and nothing has ever come of it.

We even drove in with a mates numberplates and he got chased for a while but nothing ever came of it.

Left car is silver with silver wheels - right car is yellow with white wheels.

In the close up of the number plate you can see the elastic bands holding them on  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Offline Horatio

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:08 pm »
On the top it says CHARGE NOTICE. Thats a bit tricky with the wording, obviously to SCARE you, as private parking companies must indicate it is a Parking Charge Notice, not Penalty Charge Notice(enforceable by the likes of po-po, councils, cnuts in suits, TFL et etc)

I may be wrong, its otherwise know as a "speculative invoice"  :confused:

If you do abit of digging on the web most, if not all of these companies print their solicitor letters from the same printers.
2007 Black Magic DSG Golf GTI Edition 30. No.1231
.:R32 "milk and juice come in 2 litres"
I run a dirty campervan, need scrubbers

Offline scooba

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 01:05:14 pm »
My wife got one from our local Morrisons, I called up and had a chat with the store manager he said pop in with your receipt for the day  and if it ties in with the fine as they have times on them as well as your receipt he would make it go away , And was good as his word never heard anything again

Speak with the manager either show him the receipt or  credit caard statement  and get him to deal with it or you will never shop with them again.

Problem is   some twats are to tight to pay for parking and leave there cars there all day etc get on the train to work etc and think its cool and funny ,why would a superstore provide free parking  , OK yours is slightly different but the parking wardens  have a job to do if you havent got a blue badge  ,I expect he considered you fair game  despite you thought he noticed you  give him the benefit of the doubt

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 05:45:33 pm »
My bro had to go to court in the end for something he ignored.

He was made to pay what his overstay would have cost the land owner in lost revenue, so was charged £2.

He then went to town on the parking company and charged then £600 for wasting time.

There's loads of forums that say ignore ignore ignore then if they decide on court turn up and say £90 is no where near what it cost them and I'll agree £5 lol

Saintsteve

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 08:13:27 pm »
Totally ignore. Do not respond as they will know your location for sure. They will give up chasing you after about 7 or 8 warning letters, your debt will increase for the first 4 demands, then its gets passed to another collector and the moneys outstanding starts getting less to encourage you to respond  :laugh:

They will give up chasing you, give it time. Do not worry.The letters will stop. :happy2: