Make a donation

Author Topic: Black Mk5 Gti - OP0  (Read 7415 times)

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 3
Black Mk5 Gti - OP0
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:03:45 am »
Well I've been building my car fora while now and never really thought much about sharing it until I registered on here.

Well here is what I have done so far, removed edition 30 badges at its not a edition 30 but previous owner had bought a kit from VW/breakers. Now I like the skirts and splitters so left them, and I still have the wheels for another week or two before the OZ Futura arrive  :drool:

Inside
R32 Recaro bucket seats (individual colour), Golf R MFSW with cream stitching, Cream stitched gear gaitor to match, RNS510, highline cluster.

Engine
Ko4 turbo, Forge twintercooler, Forge oil catch can & washer bottle, Autotech fuel pump, Neuspeed power pully, S3 injectors, ITG maxogen intake, Red top coil packs, Full 3" exhaust straight through.

HANDLING
AP Coilovers, H & R Anti roll bars, Tarox 10pot calipers front & S3 rear calipers

Coming soon/wanted

OZ Futura (on there way), Xenon headlights, bigger turbo, WMI, KWv3 Coilovers and genuine honest suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Justin

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:09:55 pm by Jabarton99 »
R32 Recaro bucket seats (individual colour), Golf R MFSW with cream stitching, Cream stitched gear gaitor to match, RNS510, highline cluster, Ko4 turbo, Forge twintercooler, Forge oil catch can & washer bottle, Autotech fuel pump, Neuspeed power pully, S3 injectors, ITG maxogen intake, Red top coil packs, Milltek Full 3" exhaust straight through. AP Coilovers, H & R Anti roll bars, Tarox 10pot calipers front & S3 rear calipers rear.

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: My Project - ideas welcome for additional parts.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:56:05 am »
Very nice. Love those seats  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:11:25 am »
Cant see there being many people that selected cream leather and recaro bucket seats option when buying so that's a rare sight!

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 07:04:35 pm »
Thanks, really wasn sure if they would work well in cream, just can't stop spending money on the car. I just can't think of any goodies now
R32 Recaro bucket seats (individual colour), Golf R MFSW with cream stitching, Cream stitched gear gaitor to match, RNS510, highline cluster, Ko4 turbo, Forge twintercooler, Forge oil catch can & washer bottle, Autotech fuel pump, Neuspeed power pully, S3 injectors, ITG maxogen intake, Red top coil packs, Milltek Full 3" exhaust straight through. AP Coilovers, H & R Anti roll bars, Tarox 10pot calipers front & S3 rear calipers rear.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 12:30:38 pm »
Get some weight out of the car with carbon fibre parts....bonnet saves 7kg, rear hatch saves 10kg

:happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:54:04 pm »
Get some weight out of the car with carbon fibre parts....bonnet saves 7kg, rear hatch saves 10kg

:happy2:

That's only the same as ~17litres of fuel. Not worth it in my opinion

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:21:08 pm »
Didnt even think of carbon parts, interesting. A few people have suggested a Water methanol kit but I've never had this. Does anyone know if there safe for the car and is the power increase worth it.

ReeceH13

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 10:40:18 pm »
What a beaut!

Never seen Recaro seats like them  :laugh:

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 11:19:51 pm »
Thanks on the seats, I still have the original black leather nut Paul at premier car trim in Warrington hooked me up with the leather. He's done a few cars that have gone though Performsnce VW, and I have to say he's a genius. He also hand stitched the steering wheel and gear gaitor with cream stitching to match the car. The steering wheels going up for sale as I now have the mk6 wheel going in the car.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 11:49:57 pm »
Awesome rare seat  :drool:

Would look amazing with a Mk6 MFSW.  :notworthy:

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 12:01:32 am »
Monte, the mk6 mfsw is been fitted tomorrow with the rns5510 so I'll try for some new pictures. Great minds  :signLOL:

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 06:54:23 pm »
Monte, the mk6 mfsw is been fitted tomorrow with the rns5510 so I'll try for some new pictures. Great minds  :signLOL:

Great stuff  :laugh: I Love the interior Justin.  :happy2:

Would look amazing with the centres of the Recaro's done in Black.

Also maybe the door handles, handbrake grip and the centre cup holder lid.

What do you think?

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: Mk5 Gti - tuned and more coming.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 08:29:35 am »
I like the idea I've been looking for a doner r32 for the headline and door pillars in black as well as the carpet but no joy as of yet. I have just fitted the new wheel with cream stitching and the mk6 mfsw as well as the rns510 pic below looks good. Oh and you can just make out the upgraded highline cluster  :signLOL:

Offline Jabarton99

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 11:13:49 pm »
Well the car is booked in to have the pistons and rods done mid July along with the Camshaft's as long as I can find some S3 ones.

At the same time decided to go all out so the big turbo (Garrett 3071R) will also been fitted along with a custom map. Now apparently the kit can do 500bhp but I'm aiming for 420-440 and hope this will be comfortable on the engine. Any additional ideas help always appreciated and ill get some pics of the turbo up. Can't wait to have a drive.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:13 pm »
Are you on a BWA standard GTI engine?
Loving the big turbo though! I tamed what I wanted to so as I don't want to wreck the car...just yet anyway! Will it be safe to run and be efficient for use?

Out of interest, the S3 cam. Any reason for the change? I e sorted through many pages for arguments re this and still don't know it's worth it. Mine needed changing anyway, but I just went for the B revision rather than anything else.

@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"