Make a donation

Author Topic: Forum member has taken £200 of my money and not shipped what I paid for  (Read 16033 times)

Offline jedi-knight83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 41
    • Cambridge Autogleam Detailing
small claim court will rule in your favour as the law on personal sales favours the buyer and even a verbal agreement to see is binding (although only enforceable if a 3rd party is witness). If you have it in writing or email etc that you agree to pay £xx for xx product and can prove you sent the money then its the sellers responsibility to PROVE you have received the item (which is why i always ONLY send things recorded delivery now as had a few people on ebay claim things never turn up when I know they probably have but ive lost out on ebay claims as i couldnt prove that they definitely had been delivered)

Where it gets annoying if its not on ebay where they just automatically reverse the transaction and the buyer gets all the money back is when the court does rule in your favour.... the seller can claim he doesnt have the funds to pay you back so they will rule that he has to pay what he can over a reasonable period of time.

I had this with someone I bought concert tickets from.. I paid about £1000 and ended up getting it back over a period of 3 years in small installments which was very annoying.

Golf GTI DSG "ED30 Tribute" - RTech: 254bhp / 323lbft | MK6 GTI DSG S.Wheel | MK6 GTI speedo | MK6 climate | RCD510DAB | Bluetooth | Milltek Cat back | H&R Springs & Rear ARB | WALK | 19" BBS CH | MK7R 340mm brakes - INFO

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Pm me his address and ill take around the heavies!

You rang?  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html

Offline alfboden

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 0
small claim court will rule in your favour as the law on personal sales favours the buyer and even a verbal agreement to see is binding (although only enforceable if a 3rd party is witness). If you have it in writing or email etc that you agree to pay £xx for xx product and can prove you sent the money then its the sellers responsibility to PROVE you have received the item (which is why i always ONLY send things recorded delivery now as had a few people on ebay claim things never turn up when I know they probably have but ive lost out on ebay claims as i couldnt prove that they definitely had been delivered)

Where it gets annoying if its not on ebay where they just automatically reverse the transaction and the buyer gets all the money back is when the court does rule in your favour.... the seller can claim he doesnt have the funds to pay you back so they will rule that he has to pay what he can over a reasonable period of time.

I had this with someone I bought concert tickets from.. I paid about £1000 and ended up getting it back over a period of 3 years in small installments which was very annoying.

I've collected a good deal of evidence so I'm very confident I'll get a ruling in my favour if it went to a small claims court.

Black 5dr Edition 30 No. 1045

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
The fact he hasn't commented on this thread to defend himself speaks volumes

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
If you "win" the court case, how the hell do you get the money out of him?
Says he'll pay , but never does...£1 a week....bloke needs to be locked up....inform the police mate.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline alfboden

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
If you "win" the court case, how the hell do you get the money out of him?
Says he'll pay , but never does...£1 a week....bloke needs to be locked up....inform the police mate.
He either pays up in full or claims he can't afford it and its paid in installments which are collected via the courts. I don't care as long as I get my money back and cause the pikey plenty of hassle. My solicitor mate assures me it's a civil case and its not worth going to the police.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
I've known someone sell the debt to a scumbag debt collector, only recovered half the loss, but it worked out very well.
Sideways yo!

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
it worked out very well.
Sounds like he was kneecapped?
'07 Red manual

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG

Offline Action jackson

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
Put his name and address, phone number online. Then we can all order pizzas,subway,takeaways and taxi to his house. Oh and phone him night and day, there's enough of us doing shift work to keep it up night and day. He's a scumbag and I'm gutted for you pal.

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted.
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Post him a frozen steamer.  :grin:

I've got 2 dogs so plenty of steamers to send if needs be.  :evilgrin:

Really sorry to hear about this. The Cnut needs injecting with bleach! :fighting:

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline alfboden

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Cheers for all the responses, obviously I had my own thoughts on this chap but it's always good to hear everyone else's haha