Make a donation

Author Topic: Dodo Juice wax/mist sprays  (Read 1627 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Dodo Juice wax/mist sprays
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:50:14 pm »
I was wondering as i was applying my new Dodo juice red mist over 2 coats of rainforrest rub at the weekend wether if the next time i was washing could i apply the r/f/rub on top of the previous few weeks use of the mist spray or should i lime prime before i re apply the wax? As around about these times i like to start building up my wax coats in prep for the winter months. if that makes sense.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Dodo Juice wax/mist sprays
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:47:31 pm »
I would condone rewaxing without a proper clense to be honest and I think mr dodo would say the same. Reason being they or I would recomend sealing in any contaminents that could be on the surface. It's up to you but I would say it wouldn't be the most effective protection for the paint. And I only do the most effctive, so that's what I'd recommend.

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 10:03:51 pm »
so will the Lime prime strip it all away? I try not to clay the car to many times as it always scares the shyte out of me when i do it. I haven't used the lime prime yet but keep meaning to.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:13:47 pm »
Lime prime should take it all off. If it was me doing the work it would clay the car then the paint would get clensed with somethng similar to lime prime then it's ready for wax. The cleaner would be done via a rotary polisher then waxed.

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:32:32 pm »
 :happy2: JPC
i really need to get my garage in order so i can work on the car indoors, its almost raining every day up here.

Offline matty_jetta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:39 am »
I would personally say its fine to put an extra layer of wax on top for protection myself  :happy2:, as long as the car is clean and not long since polished and waxed then there shouldnt be any contaminents as the wax should prevent this.

Obviously if you are after an absolute mint finish then yes remove wax and start again but why undo all your hard work when im pretty sure you wont be able to tell the difference!

Offline Tarmac_Terrorist

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 11:19:58 pm »
I'm with Matty Jetta on this. There are a lot of variants though - mileage covered since last wax layer / time since last layer / regularly park near railway line (fallout etc) that could embed itself in the wax.

I'm not a huge fan of claying to be honest. Even with a very mild clay and shed loads of QD, there is usually some evidence of micro marring if you really look for it. Just depends on the state of your paintwork.

I read recently that the Dodo guys used Red Mist as a pre wax glaze successfully. Might try that some time  :smiley: