Make a donation

Author Topic: Who to use for scuffed paintwork?  (Read 572 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Who to use for scuffed paintwork?
« on: June 04, 2013, 03:11:41 pm »
Parked in Tesco car park in Manchester earlier today.
Loaded the car with groceries and just about to start up to go when a teenager with an old beat-up Peugeot 206 rolls up and parks next to me. He then proceeds to fling open his door scuffing my rear door panel in the process. There's no apparent dent but some white primer is now visible.

He had the gall to say that he didn't do it but when I opened his door to show him he conceded that he did the damage.

Now my question is what do you guys suggest is the best way to sort this scuff out? Is Chips Away or the like up to the job as I really don't have the time to take it to a body shop. If you know anyone in the Manchester area that can do a good mobile repair could you please chime in?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Who to use for scuffed paintwork?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 03:16:24 pm »
Personally, i'd go to a bodyshop everytime. I suppose it depends how severe the mark is however, as there are good smart repairers out there. Why not ask on Detailing World if there are any good ones local to you?

I hope the clumsy idiot is paying for it too!

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:20:16 pm »
Personally, i'd go to a bodyshop everytime. I suppose it depends how severe the mark is however, as there are good smart repairers out there. Why not ask on Detailing World if there are any good ones local to you?

I hope the clumsy idiot is paying for it too!

Yup got all his details. He wants to avoid involving his insurer and being a teen, I could see his insurance excess being sky high for such a minor matter.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline edd666999

• Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:03:51 pm »
Go through insurance and get a proper job done.

Offline rf860

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 04:06:37 pm »
Go through insurance and get a proper job done.

What, for a door ding?? No wonder insurance prices are extortionate with that kind of attitude! I'm sure a smart repair will suffice from what the description leads to the imagination....