Make a donation

Author Topic: Jay's actual GTI... now with added accuair.  (Read 104407 times)

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Jay's actual GTI... now with added accuair.
« Reply #180 on: January 08, 2014, 10:31:15 am »
Jay

Good work looks bad ass.

:)

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2014, 01:25:44 pm »
Have to say your front end was always missing this! Perfect!  :love:

Offline G40will

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: January 08, 2014, 08:04:10 pm »
Looks good! I've been thinking about spraying me red gti lipstick trim, or buying a second one to change out. But can't seem to find them anywhere for sale. Do I have to resort to the stealers?

Tidies up the look of the car, especially if you have a colour theme, black and gold in my case, I just think the red messes with the look a bit. Maybe just me!  :signLOL:

I've only ever seen 2 seperate from the grill before and they were being sold by the same person on here, so maybe a trip to TPS or main dealer will get you one. I'm not sure if you can buy them seperate but it's worth a try.

Also, they are relatively easy to remove if you did want to paint your origanal one :drinking:

Offline Deago

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #183 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:11 pm »
Yeah I saw those too but missed them. Never seen any others since. I'll investigate at the dealers!

Could always plasti dip it actually, and if it's not brilliant looking paint it instead
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:50:50 pm by Deago »

Offline George10

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #184 on: January 08, 2014, 08:55:14 pm »
Oh my  :love: that looks seriously nice with the votex splitter.

I persuaded myself I didn't want one, but after seeing how much it changes your car I'm Gonna have to do mine now.

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2014, 12:24:14 am »
Looks good! I've been thinking about spraying me red gti lipstick trim, or buying a second one to change out. But can't seem to find them anywhere for sale. Do I have to resort to the stealers?

Tidies up the look of the car, especially if you have a colour theme, black and gold in my case, I just think the red messes with the look a bit. Maybe just me!  :signLOL:

Just pop the red one off and paint it mate easiest way.
It can always be repainted red later.  :wink:

Jay

Good work looks bad ass.

:)

Thanks Ricky :) Been after it for so long, slowly she's coming together now bodywork wise.

Have to say your front end was always missing this! Perfect!  :love:

Indeed it has! Been well overdue. Sat in my room for 4months taking up space.. figured it was time to sort it out :)

Oh my  :love: that looks seriously nice with the votex splitter.

I persuaded myself I didn't want one, but after seeing how much it changes your car I'm Gonna have to do mine now.

thanks bud

:party:

I waited a year to find one though, buying new seemed pointless.

Offline Joshy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2014, 12:32:54 am »
Oh wow! Looks awesome mate!

Cannot wait to get a golf now after seeing yours.

Offline Deago

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2014, 08:43:12 am »
Is it as easy as just spray painting it with some gloss black or am I going to need the real deal and a gun and proper paint. It's only small after all!

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2014, 09:32:55 am »
Cheers Joshy  :innocent:

Is it as easy as just spray painting it with some gloss black or am I going to need the real deal and a gun and proper paint. It's only small after all!

Easy as that obviously after prepping it correctly.. You can paint anything with anything my man.

Offline Deago

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #189 on: January 09, 2014, 09:39:18 am »
Cool, thanks mate!

Offline usmangti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #190 on: January 09, 2014, 11:04:43 am »
Just read through your whole build thread mate lovely car you have I hope to get mine that clean soon :happy2:

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »
Just read through your whole build thread mate lovely car you have I hope to get mine that clean soon :happy2:

Thanks mate. A lot left to go, in my eyes it's far from mint.

I am looking for the end plates on the Votex splitter.. basically it's known as a "fitting kit" that goes on the very end of it and up into the wheel arch. I need this part to complete the look as it looks, to me, unfinished without it. So I'm prepared to pay strong wedge for this small part..  Number 2 in the picture below.

Anyway, moving on from that..
Not sure what I've mentioned of this before but I've been gathering parts for an Audio install.. as one of my closer friends has his own small audio company.
I didn't want to splash loads of cash but at the same time wanted something half decent so I gathered some components..

Got a Rockford Fosgate 10 inch shallow mount sub, a very decent shallow mount sub this cost me £85 brand new - http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r2sd2-10

Got a basic but working Edge amp for £30 from a mate.

Bought a Pioneer AVH-2500BT with iPod/iPhone cable for £100!!! - (apparently it's an app radio so can probably work it with my Galaxy S4 as well..). Got this from a really spot on guy local to me for £100 with the Microphone cable and as mentioned the iPod cable, the loom was hard wired so a teeny bit more awkward to wire up to my car, but Jairm is gonna sort this out for me without botching my loom, and also the wheel control box (unfortunately this was £45).

I also have 2 rolls of 20cm by 10m sound deadening as we're going to sound deaden both our cars - so more than enough.

Jairm's been working away like a beaver on my sub box.. he does not want me to put pictures up of this yet but trust me on this it's a really quality product, gobsmacked at the quality of it. It's all made of wood, no fibreglass, we've tried a few configurations, open port, closed port etc, and we've stuck with a closed port as the airspace is VERY tight.

It's all trimmed up already and the fit is completely spot on and works well with the air build, as he's a very handy trimmer if you've seen my interior work. We'll also be re-trimming my top section of the air ride to a more factory looking carpet.

Just as an idea as to what we're doing...

However I was not happy with the large stick out as it did not look OEM so this is completely flush! We're going to fit everything on Sunday, after the Paul Walker Memorial Day I managed to get tickets to.. so will update with plenty of pictures then.

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2014, 11:06:41 pm »
Lovely stuff! I was going to sort my horrific audio out this month but decided an alarm was a better choice but seeing how fairly cost effective it is instead of going for a ""package"" which invariably would be more than I want and could cost more!

And you going to this paul walker meet at Santa Pod? I had an argument on the phone with them so I can't go!! Not that I got a ticket! Think quite a few didn't! :(

@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
« Reply #193 on: January 20, 2014, 12:47:11 am »
Haha things always cost more mate.
Sorry I've been very busy lately but yes I was at Paul Walker on Saturday, I managed to get a couple of tickets so went with a friend.
It was a really good day actually nice to see things which weren't just VWs sort of thing.

Anyway today I was up at 9am (after sleeping at 2, I felt hideous) and working flat out till 10:30 this evening, with the help of Jairm - Jairm88 on here, of JW Audio Solutions, we managed to sort out my audio finally. We also did some other retrimming work.
Jairm was awesome as per usual and his quality were again top notch, really happy with everything.

I have gotten loads of pictures of the day but they're on my Camera and it may be a few days before I can get them off.  I have a teaser picture here.

PS. Since the forum is likely going to go down before the current administrators bother to contact those offering to keep it alive, my "main" (most active) build thread is linked below :) And if / when the site goes down I'd hope to keep in contact with people so feel free to comment/mock on my uk-mkivs.net build thread as well or add me on Facetube or Youbook or whatever it's called these days.

http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/105359-xjays-golf-gti-audio-boot-build/

Offline Grande_GTi

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2014, 08:55:54 am »
Yes bruv

Looking good.

instgram @ricky_grande

check out @lowlife_official

MK5 GTi OEM+