Make a donation

Author Topic: RS3 :)  (Read 12498 times)

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
RS3 :)
« on: June 07, 2013, 12:22:45 am »
Considering getting one thid summer maybe :0 25th bday present to myself.. Getting old :signLOL:

Question i had was i've always bought my cars outright but am wanting to explore the finance lease route.. What would i be looking at paying roughly anyone else on here looked at any and who should i go through?! Any help appreciated!

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: RS3 :)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 08:38:12 am »
I wanted one A LOT but then I drove one and was disappointed. We have had one back recently that we had mapped and it was flashed to stock by the dealers, reason for update?

Audi decided that due to propshaft failures they would change the power delivery so MORE goes to the front wheels  :sick:

Could have been a much better car, I decided to save almost 10k and buy the M135i.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 09:01:35 am »
You're unlikely to get a decent finance rate on a used car, it may be cheaper to explore a personal loan.
Sideways yo!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 09:31:07 am »
I've also been thinking about upgrading to the RS3 but these props haft failure are putting me off  :sad1:

How much power are people getting out of the 3.0T S4 at stage 2+ as I'm seriously thinking of this as an option  :party:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 10:51:22 am »
Shame the RS3 seems to have big issues, was hoping to grab one in a couple of years.  The S4 above wasn't far off the RS4 once mapped was it... Amazing motor.

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 10:56:59 am »
I think at stage 1 an RS3 is around 420 horses, but an S4 is around 400  :party:

Can anybody confirm??
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 11:06:48 am »
Shame the RS3 seems to have big issues, was hoping to grab one in a couple of years.  The S4 above wasn't far off the RS4 once mapped was it... Amazing motor.

Yeah saw the Chris Harris video he did at bruntingthorpe and was very impressed  :surprised:

Dave

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 11:10:43 am »
Friend of mine has just bought a B8 S4, it's in MRC shortly for £1500 of St2 work which will yield around 470hp.

It's also the first Audi I've been in for a long time that rides an handles well straight out of the box. Very impressive car.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:17:38 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 11:13:51 am »
Friend of mine has just bought a B8 S4, it's in MTM shortly for £1500 of St2 work which will yield around 470hp.

It's also the first Audi I've been in for a long time that rides an handles well straight out of the box. Very impressive car.

£1500 for stage 2  :confused:

What does that involve??

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 11:16:26 am »
I meant MRC, not MTM BTW.

Stage 2 Hardware and Remap Upgrade: MRC Filter, MRC Pulley, MRC Hi Grip Belt, Silicon Intake Pipe, Modified Airbox, fitting, Dyno Time and MRC Stage 2 Remap   

£1491.00
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:17:57 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 11:23:34 am »
I brought my wife an RS3, back in March.  Great car, very easy to drive fast in all conditions, fuel economy is very good especially on a run ( better than her old ED35 Stage 2)and the engine note is the best i've heard this side of a V8!

Reference the prop shaft, I broke mine, and was all replaced by Audi no issue, they lent me an S3 whilst it was done.  There only seems to be a select number of these going, and they brought out a software update for some vehicles, to combat the issue.  Launch control is phenomenal, and has been timed around 4.1 seconds, see you-tube!

I also had the squeaky brake issue, not as bad as some, but have now had new discs, calipers and pads fitted. 

Audi gave my wife a nice big hamper of food and drink and me the first service FOC as compensation (which I wasn't after) so that's nice

Its a great car, I love it.  I say go for it.  I have it financed with Santander, with a good residual payment, and the price of them seem to be holding very well.

Pictures when I got it;

See www.audirs3oc.com
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 01:32:07 pm »
I brought my wife an RS3, back in March.  Great car, very easy to drive fast in all conditions, fuel economy is very good especially on a run ( better than her old ED35 Stage 2)and the engine note is the best i've heard this side of a V8!

Reference the prop shaft, I broke mine, and was all replaced by Audi no issue, they lent me an S3 whilst it was done.  There only seems to be a select number of these going, and they brought out a software update for some vehicles, to combat the issue.  Launch control is phenomenal, and has been timed around 4.1 seconds, see you-tube!

I also had the squeaky brake issue, not as bad as some, but have now had new discs, calipers and pads fitted.  

Audi gave my wife a nice big hamper of food and drink and me the first service FOC as compensation (which I wasn't after) so that's nice

Its a great car, I love it.  I say go for it.  I have it financed with Santander, with a good residual payment, and the price of them seem to be holding very well.

Pictures when I got it;

See www.audirs3oc.com

Hi Oli,

My concern is that if I get an RS3 I'll want to take it to stage 2+ like my S3, and obviously the propshaft issue really scares me. Not sure what this Audi software update will do when running something like Revo stage 2+ software???   :confused:
I haven't heard any issues with the S4 yet though.

Offline DanGB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • Different
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 01:46:22 pm »
Why is the propshaft an issue more on these than an S3 for exmaple?
Seat Leon Mk2 TFSI sport 4WD sleeper - Breaking
Buld thread: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45377.0.html

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 01:52:15 pm »
sounds like its something to do with the power delivery must be just too much for it  :confused: so stage 2+ must destroy em

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 02:21:31 pm »
I've driven a friend's RS3 on track, and I was dissapointed. It was quick, yes, but it was a very benign driving experience and the car felt very very nose heavy. Although I'm yet to drive one, I'd be sorely tempted by a M135i.

No doubt the RS3 is a very capable all-weather road car, but it just didn't engage me.