Make a donation

Author Topic: RS3 :)  (Read 12472 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
Re: RS3 :)
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2013, 12:41:09 pm »
Might have had a few problems but still Best Engine 2.0 -2.5 litre 4 years running:
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=27876

So was the 1.4TSI, but it still doesnt obscure the fact that its probably one of the most unreliable engines available from VAG.  There must be a couple new posts each week about new engines being fitted now people have started getting to 10-20k!!

That was my thought too... the charged 1.4 engine was a borderline disaster in every guise.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 12:52:52 pm »
Good job that yours never got that far then Sy.  :laugh:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 01:04:17 pm »
I have no come back to that  :ashamed: 

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2013, 01:09:05 pm »
I have no come back to that  :ashamed: 

Aw.  :love:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:48 pm »
So was the 1.4TSI, but it still doesnt obscure the fact that its probably one of the most unreliable engines available from VAG.  There must be a couple new posts each week about new engines being fitted now people have started getting to 10-20k!!

Are you talking about RS3 engines lunched here or the 1.4?  I have only heard of the one, as mentioned above.  Ive not heard about any others from the RS forums and certainly not 2 a week?

Once again, and I am defending the RS corner, for all those that are being negative about them, try one, they are a cracking car, with truely devastating performance.  Anyone local to me is more than welcome to come for a ride in mine :driver:

www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2013, 04:24:55 pm »
I think sy is on about the 1.4

Also no 2.5tfsi engine issues here. Pretty much bulletproof.

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2013, 05:22:58 pm »
Ooops dur  :rolleye:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2013, 06:56:54 pm »
So was the 1.4TSI, but it still doesnt obscure the fact that its probably one of the most unreliable engines available from VAG.  There must be a couple new posts each week about new engines being fitted now people have started getting to 10-20k!!

Are you talking about RS3 engines lunched here or the 1.4?  I have only heard of the one, as mentioned above.  Ive not heard about any others from the RS forums and certainly not 2 a week?

Once again, and I am defending the RS corner, for all those that are being negative about them, try one, they are a cracking car, with truely devastating performance.  Anyone local to me is more than welcome to come for a ride in mine :driver:

No need to defend it oli we both know what great Cars there are and like me I think you've had a fair share to compare it with I've had mine for nearly 12 Months now and have never kept a Car that long before so for me that says it all although just ordered an A45 AMG so think that may be a fair contender
BTW: There was another guy who had to have a New Engine after only 2000 miles but that is the only other one I've heard of.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 06:59:57 pm by Real Thing »
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2013, 07:44:09 pm »
I think the point was more 'something can win engine of the year, and still be a sh*t engine'.... example the 1.4.

I don't think they were saying the 5 banger is a pup.
Sideways yo!

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 12:42:47 am »
I'm gunna look into the ttrs now too as thinking about it.. I don't need the extra space no wife or kids and I'm 24 so gunna take advantage of the youth while it lasts :p oli whereabouts are you based?!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 01:01:32 am »
What about an R32 with an R-TECH map....... :grin:  YOu'd never have to fear being overtaken then.

Offline 55golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 08:15:54 pm »
So was the 1.4TSI, but it still doesnt obscure the fact that its probably one of the most unreliable engines available from VAG.  There must be a couple new posts each week about new engines being fitted now people have started getting to 10-20k!!

Are you talking about RS3 engines lunched here or the 1.4?  I have only heard of the one, as mentioned above.  Ive not heard about any others from the RS forums and certainly not 2 a week?

Once again, and I am defending the RS corner, for all those that are being negative about them, try one, they are a cracking car, with truely devastating performance.  Anyone local to me is more than welcome to come for a ride in mine :driver:

No need to defend it oli we both know what great Cars there are and like me I think you've had a fair share to compare it with I've had mine for nearly 12 Months now and have never kept a Car that long before so for me that says it all although just ordered an A45 AMG so think that may be a fair contender
BTW: There was another guy who had to have a New Engine after only 2000 miles but that is the only other one I've heard of.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you sell it for

Saintsteve

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 08:18:11 pm »
What about an R32 with an R-TECH map....... :grin:  YOu'd never have to fear being overtaken then.

Touché  :signLOL:

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 08:48:16 pm »

Isn't a GTI with R32 exhaust faster?

:surprised:
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Saintsteve

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

Isn't a GTI with R32 exhaust faster?

:surprised:

I hope your joking?  :confused: