Make a donation

Author Topic: RS3 :)  (Read 12479 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: RS3 :)
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2013, 12:23:45 pm »
So was the 1.4TSI, but it still doesnt obscure the fact that its probably one of the most unreliable engines available from VAG.  There must be a couple new posts each week about new engines being fitted now people have started getting to 10-20k!!

Are you talking about RS3 engines lunched here or the 1.4?  I have only heard of the one, as mentioned above.  Ive not heard about any others from the RS forums and certainly not 2 a week?

Once again, and I am defending the RS corner, for all those that are being negative about them, try one, they are a cracking car, with truely devastating performance.  Anyone local to me is more than welcome to come for a ride in mine :driver:

That was in response to the comment about the 2.5TFSI being awarded best engine 4 years running.  I merely pointed out that this specific statistic didnt mean jack, as the 1.4TSI has won the best engine in its category about 6 years in a row, and thats considering its a severely unreliable engine, so dont rely on such statistical sales and journo jargon.

I think the point was more 'something can win engine of the year, and still be a sh*t engine'.... example the 1.4.

I don't think they were saying the 5 banger is a pup.

Yep.  Exactly what i meant

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 12:53:56 pm »
What about an R32 with an R-TECH map....... :grin:  YOu'd never have to fear being overtaken then.

Touché  :signLOL:

Isn't a GTI with R32 exhaust faster?

:surprised:

I hope your joking?  :confused:

Hahah lol, yeh I am joking! Just playing!!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2013, 02:50:17 pm »
So was the 1.4TSI, but it still doesnt obscure the fact that its probably one of the most unreliable engines available from VAG.  There must be a couple new posts each week about new engines being fitted now people have started getting to 10-20k!!

Are you talking about RS3 engines lunched here or the 1.4?  I have only heard of the one, as mentioned above.  Ive not heard about any others from the RS forums and certainly not 2 a week?

Once again, and I am defending the RS corner, for all those that are being negative about them, try one, they are a cracking car, with truely devastating performance.  Anyone local to me is more than welcome to come for a ride in mine :driver:

No need to defend it oli we both know what great Cars there are and like me I think you've had a fair share to compare it with I've had mine for nearly 12 Months now and have never kept a Car that long before so for me that says it all although just ordered an A45 AMG so think that may be a fair contender
BTW: There was another guy who had to have a New Engine after only 2000 miles but that is the only other one I've heard of.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you sell it for

Was offered £33500 from Stafford Audi lot slightly more with a private sale went yesterday now in it's faster little Brother a Daytona Grey TT-RS Plus.
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2013, 11:37:26 pm »
So was the 1.4TSI, but it still doesnt obscure the fact that its probably one of the most unreliable engines available from VAG.  There must be a couple new posts each week about new engines being fitted now people have started getting to 10-20k!!

Are you talking about RS3 engines lunched here or the 1.4?  I have only heard of the one, as mentioned above.  Ive not heard about any others from the RS forums and certainly not 2 a week?

Once again, and I am defending the RS corner, for all those that are being negative about them, try one, they are a cracking car, with truely devastating performance.  Anyone local to me is more than welcome to come for a ride in mine :driver:

No need to defend it oli we both know what great Cars there are and like me I think you've had a fair share to compare it with I've had mine for nearly 12 Months now and have never kept a Car that long before so for me that says it all although just ordered an A45 AMG so think that may be a fair contender
BTW: There was another guy who had to have a New Engine after only 2000 miles but that is the only other one I've heard of.

If you don't mind me asking how much did you sell it for

Was offered £33500 from Stafford Audi lot slightly more with a private sale went yesterday now in it's faster little Brother a Daytona Grey TT-RS Plus.

New APR map is in beta testing, up to 1.8 bar of boost, everyone else is pegged at 1.45bar. Do it!!!

Offline Real Thing

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2013, 11:56:10 pm »

New APR map is in beta testing, up to 1.8 bar of boost, everyone else is pegged at 1.45bar. Do it!!!

Would love to had my last TT-RS Mapped by MRC and know how much it can transform these Cars but after having the Engine Go on the RS3 no-way I'll be remapping anything I own whilst still in Warranty.
(Prefer to Jump in My GT-R  :signLOL:)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:57:52 pm by Real Thing »
Golf MK6 R TTE420 & Gen1 RS3

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2013, 12:05:18 am »
Ha youre just greedy  :wink: