Make a donation

Author Topic: Aren't Honda's great?  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Aren't Honda's great?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »
I got beat by a Civic Coupe Type R last night.

No such thing :wink:

Google says otherwise. Sedan is probably what I meant.

That's not a type r, as said no such thing  :wink:

The Type-R Honda's from the mid 90's were some of the best drivers cars money could buy, whilst VW were making the MK3 Golf GTi which at best was average.

Unfortunately recent Hondas have gone back to being fugly and dull as ditch water, with the blue rinse brigade taking over ownership again, real shame.

They did make a four door version of the Civic Type R in the FN2 guise though, maybe thats what Raffe is thinking of?

I know about the FN2 saloon as a good mate has one which I have driven a few times  :happy2:

I'm being picky, but there really never was a Civic coupe ever made by Honda. I'm a big Honda fan and have owned a Civic SiRII, Integra Type-R (both DC2 & DC5) and a supercharged 30AE CTR and was part of the owners club for a number of years prior to its demise.

The MK5 Golf GTi turned me back on to VW as the MK3 & 4 were outclassed by many other manufacturers IMO.

Offline Jamie3184

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2013, 10:24:53 pm »
I got beat by a Civic Coupe Type R last night.

No such thing :wink:

Google says otherwise. Sedan is probably what I meant.

That's not a type r, as said no such thing  :wink:

The Type-R Honda's from the mid 90's were some of the best drivers cars money could buy, whilst VW were making the MK3 Golf GTi which at best was average.

Unfortunately recent Hondas have gone back to being fugly and dull as ditch water, with the blue rinse brigade taking over ownership again, real shame.

They did make a four door version of the Civic Type R in the FN2 guise though, maybe thats what Raffe is thinking of?

I know about the FN2 saloon as a good mate has one which I have driven a few times  :happy2:

I'm being picky, but there really never was a Civic coupe ever made by Honda. I'm a big Honda fan and have owned a Civic SiRII, Integra Type-R (both DC2 & DC5) and a supercharged 30AE CTR and was part of the owners club for a number of years prior to its demise.

The MK5 Golf GTi turned me back on to VW as the MK3 & 4 were outclassed by many other manufacturers IMO.

Sorry didn't mean you Raffe got the names mixed up from the quotes when i was writing my reply, met maybe thats what Alex was thinking of  :signLOL:

I know there was not civic coupe type r  :smiley:

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »
But all jap cars have disgusting interiors and that's what puts me off them.

The dash of the FN2 (2006-2009) type-R is awesome. Two teir with digital speedo, VTEC light and LED's that count you up to the red line / shift point  :drool:

It's seriously futuristic and a nice place to be.

See here: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/attachments/inside-out/34547d1288495152-honda-civic-type-r-stuff-2007-honda-civic-type-r-interior-1280x9603.jpg

I'd hardly call that blue rinse brigade.

I must say that the dash design is quite unique and I was surprised when I saw it for the first time.

The seats held you in place and the driving position seemed lower.

I quite liked the 19 inch Rage wheels as well.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 11:16:58 pm »
I test drove an FN2 Type R GT the other day and I really liked it.  Coming rom a forced induction car the engine feels flat unless you rev the nuts off of it, but interior, exterior, 8500rpm and the handling all put a big smile on my face, much more focussed than any VAG hatch IMO.  Would love one with the supercharger conversion.  A smidgeon over £3k puts it at 300whp.  add another grand to that and it'll be running 350whp and low 12s on the strip.

This makes me laugh though

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 04:43:20 pm »
I test drove an FN2 Type R GT the other day and I really liked it.  Coming rom a forced induction car the engine feels flat unless you rev the nuts off of it, but interior, exterior, 8500rpm and the handling all put a big smile on my face, much more focussed than any VAG hatch IMO.  Would love one with the supercharger conversion.  A smidgeon over £3k puts it at 300whp.  add another grand to that and it'll be running 350whp and low 12s on the strip.

This makes me laugh though

:pomppomp: my thoughts exactly right there. I've been in a supercharged one, such a rush before the Vtec even kicks in

The championship white ones with the LSD are the ones to go for. I cannot stress how much better it is with an LSD. The one at Crewe Honda is pretty smart  :wink:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr