Make a donation

Author Topic: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..  (Read 508805 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..
« Reply #1305 on: December 24, 2009, 03:53:03 pm »

Probably sick of hearing it but, Awesome stuff  :happy2:

Offline DubwayDan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #1306 on: December 24, 2009, 04:13:26 pm »
is the Tial EWG port facing downwards at the mo?

must be a bit of bit of bugger to route the dump tube back round to the bonnet side! Or am I missing something....

To start with the dump pipe will be routed down to the floor, to have the dump pipe out the bonnet is going to require quite a few changes, new intake, fabricate a new dump tube, modify the bonnet, re route some hoses for the heater etc.. Should only take a day but ill just get it up and running first, then do it..
[quote/]

:confused: dump tube out the bonnet? never seen that before.

Offline plush-automotive

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #1307 on: December 24, 2009, 04:30:44 pm »
looks awesome jonny this car is going to be totally wild once finished,if these things are ever finished ha ha :happy2: top work :happy2:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #1308 on: December 24, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
an artists work is never done  :signLOL:

loooking good jonny, cant wait to see it at the pod  :happy2:

have a good crimbo  :xmaspresent:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #1309 on: December 24, 2009, 06:02:41 pm »
@ NEWEY..

Yeah, but actually the roads seem to have improved a huge amount today, and got another chance for a little drive earlier.. Shocked me again just how quick it is.. I know it seems like im just saying it, but seriously, its quick! lol..

@ Mike..

Thanks mate, im loving the work that Andy has done, so neat, and still, lots more to come in terms of tidying things up, and finishing all the little bits and bobs up..  :smiley:

@ DubwayDan..

And thats the reason I want to do it..  :laugh: No one wants to be a sheep..  :wink:

@ Luke..

Thanks! Yep, im seriously looking forward to running this with the weight out and with increased boost and timing, its going to fly!!  :drool:

@ NB07..

Ha, cheers! Yep, I suppose its always going to be a work in progress.. I do have a pretty specific plan this time though, so once thats all done ill see what else I have thought up along the way!
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #1310 on: December 24, 2009, 08:22:31 pm »
Have you seen the mk2 TT that is running the work of art kit? Slightly different turbo though.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #1311 on: December 24, 2009, 08:29:22 pm »
Have you seen the mk2 TT that is running the work of art kit? Slightly different turbo though.

Yup, guy from Mexico.. Hes running a 3082R.. Looking forward to seeing what he runs too..

Although an 82mm compressor wheel with a .63 A/R exhaust housing seems an odd choice to me..

Offline Toast

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 3
  • Oot n By all the Keyboard Warriors
« Reply #1312 on: December 24, 2009, 08:39:51 pm »
What kinda of bhp is he runing jonny?? :driver:   Any links to that? :party:
Editon 30, no-0472-, 1/4mile 13.6sec@Crail-Giac 348bhp,345lbsft,Milltek tbe,s3 Cooler,Helix single mass clutch kit,Eibach Coilovers,Bsh Cold Air Intake , Autotech HPFP,s3 brakes,Speedline Turini's,Xenons

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #1313 on: December 24, 2009, 08:50:15 pm »
What kinda of bhp is he runing jonny?? :driver:   Any links to that? :party:

He dyno'd it at 503WHP (580hp) running 24psi..

Can't say I believe that it would make that power at that boost if im honest, based on the fact that I was running 24psi on my S3 and there was no way it was running that much power.. RS4 injectors plus water meth can make 500WHP, its been proven on a Revo tuned car in the states, but they were running over 2.0bar of boost..

I say maybes 500HP but not WHP..

Another reason why im really not fussed about dyno testing my car, I would rather let the times speak for themselves at a 1/4 mile event, no arguing with those..  :wink:

Build thread is on a couple of sites..

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320648

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #1314 on: December 24, 2009, 09:02:06 pm »
Bloody hell, 40 to 100 in just over four seconds, that is ridiculously quick. Congrats, looks awesome v
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #1315 on: December 24, 2009, 09:55:32 pm »
WOW Jonny, I've finally got to the end of your thread  :congrats: You really take your motors seriously. Turbo looks great! and that manifold  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Gonna have to be something really special next, in order to top the S3 and the ED30. What about the New R20???

Did you get the Pro Race 1.3's yet. They look just great with the squarer spokes  :notworthy: I wouldn't mind em myself.

Really great Read Jonny. Threads like this are great for the forum.  :santa:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #1316 on: December 25, 2009, 11:49:59 pm »
WOW Jonny, I've finally got to the end of your thread  :congrats: You really take your motors seriously. Turbo looks great! and that manifold  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Gonna have to be something really special next, in order to top the S3 and the ED30. What about the New R20???

Did you get the Pro Race 1.3's yet. They look just great with the squarer spokes  :notworthy: I wouldn't mind em myself.

How much do the 1.3's weigh  :ashamed:

Won't the R20 be pretty much identical to the S3 aswel? Twin turbo R8 is next  :evilgrin:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #1317 on: December 26, 2009, 12:05:27 am »

Cheers! Yeah, enjoy reading threads like this myself so don't mind keeping track of the progress, I looked back through it the other day actually, end up forgetting some of the bits that have happened!

The 1.3s are in production, im really hoping that ill have them in time for Santa Pod, otherwise its going to be pretty annoying really.. As they should be worth a couple of tenths really..

Plan for next car is a twin turbo R8.. I have been in contact with Heffners in the US and there coming back to me with some more info.. To be honest though, that will be a long term project, as its a bit of a jump in budget as im sure you can imagine..  :laugh:

How much do the 1.3's weigh  :ashamed:

Won't the R20 be pretty much identical to the S3 aswel? Twin turbo R8 is next  :evilgrin:

1.3's are a touch heavier than the 1.2 (due to the extra 1/2 inch of width) about a kg per wheel.. So just under 10kg per piece..

Yeah, Golf R is an S3 in a Golf body, so I wouldn't really consider it to be honest.. As it would be no different to the S3.. Apart from exterior appearance that is..

Have I mentioned the R8 plans? Didn't think I had lol.. Anyways, yeah, good guess haha..

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #1318 on: December 26, 2009, 12:12:05 am »
how come you have always kept Vag jonny instead of going jap such as evos etc where there is a huge amount of kit available for huge power. is  it as there are lots about already running massive power so not really a challenge?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #1319 on: December 26, 2009, 12:22:55 am »
how come you have always kept Vag jonny instead of going jap such as evos etc where there is a huge amount of kit available for huge power. is  it as there are lots about already running massive power so not really a challenge?

No, its more due to the fact that Evo's / Subarus / Skylines (posh Evo) to me, all look chav as hell, and its kind of expected of them to be tuned up and driven by the stereotype.. Well, you know what im getting at..  :smiley:

I know what you mean though, im sure that with the same money I would be able to make a faster car going Jap in the first place, but I just can't get my head around driving about in one of those 3 cars.. Plus, to a certain degree tuning a current VAG car is more of a challenge for sure, which I find more entertaining..

I had a 2.3 Toda Supercharged Civic Type R and as good as it was to drive in all aspects, walking up to it in a car park made me cringe.. I dont know exactly why, im just being honest..  :ashamed: