Make a donation

Author Topic: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..  (Read 496469 times)

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2009, 04:57:16 pm »
The non-res Milltek is a bit boomy around 3k rpm on the motorway

....Mine used to be for the first couple of thousand miles but is no longer. It shouldn't last. I used to simply vary my revs - It was exactly 3,200 on mine.

:happy2:

Thats good news... I've only done approx 500 miles since putting the Milltek in  :driver:

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2009, 04:49:00 pm »
Milltek.. Loud??

I must be deaf lol..

Update..

So yesterday was the big day! Dropped by Revo on the way to VW Racing to have my Stage 2 file upgraded to the Stage 2+. After a few logging runs we found the best settings for the car and I have to say it feels even better than before, super smooth, bags of torque but also very easy to drive and super predictable! Thanks!!

Once the mapping was finished I dropped off my car with the guys at VW Racing. I have to say it really is an impressive set up that they have! Huge premesis with everything in house!

We discussed thoroughly the overall plans for the car and decided on a number of things to be completed whilst the car was in for its first time. It was really great, felt like everything was covered and we were all on the same page when it came to the overall aim with this project!

Whilst I was there I also had a chance to take a look at a couple of new Scirocco race cars that are currently being built for the 09' season! Theres a few tasty bits that VW have developed specifically for the Scirocco which could potentailly move over to the Mk5 chassis, were currently looking into this, pretty exciting stuff!

Anyways I have to say what a fantastic place, felt VERY happy leaving my car in their hands, and really fantastic service etc..

Also ill be driving the VW Racing demo car while my car is in having the work completed (fell in love with the VWR front bumper)

I have already had an update from Sam at lunch time to tell me that the box is out and the diff is being fitted, these guys really don't hang around!!  :laugh:

As you know I still have a lot of plans for the car, but for now ill be having the following completed on my car whilst its at VW Racing!

* 1st service for the car – Race oil

* Full DSG oil change and service

* New set of OEM spark plugs

* VWR lower engine mount supplied and fitted - Race version (Solid)

* Fit new front left damper (Koni inserts are NO good.. Ill be moving over to the VW Racing dampers ASAP)

* Remove helper springs from front dampers

* Fully set-up the car to agreed specs

* Poly bushed front end

* Quaife ATB DSG LSD supplied and fitted

* Rear bumper bar removed

* Removing rear wiper assembly

* Wheels painted matte anthracite

* Fitting of Forge Twintercooler kit

Next time the car goes in im planning on fitting the Recaro Pole Position seats, Poly carbonate rear windows plus LOTS of other small bits to help with the weight saving! This should amount to another 100+KG off the total weight of the car, its going to be ballistic!

In the mean while the car will also be taking a trip to Forge Motorsport to have an OEM S3 intercooler and custom boost pipes fitted, this combined with the Twintercooler kit should make a fantastic set up, and really keep the inlet temps down to a minimum!!

So that's pretty much it for now, hoping to have the car back for this weekend as I have a RR day that im planning on attending this Sat! Should be nice to see what figures the car is making!!

Jonny
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #272 on: January 20, 2009, 05:13:20 pm »
your car is really coming along now jonny. cant wait to see it at pod. good colour choice for the wheels too.

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline dubsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #273 on: January 20, 2009, 05:20:22 pm »
You really arent hanging about, brilliant to see, can wait too see what the figure are if you get it back for the weekend ...

Keep the updates coming  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2009, 07:25:51 pm »
Just a few add ons then mate... lol. Be interesting to see what she makes on the rollers, 360 I reckon. Where is it at?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2009, 07:28:35 pm »
Just a few add ons then mate... lol. Be interesting to see what she makes on the rollers, 360 I reckon. Where is it at?

Yeah a couple of bits lol..

Well im really not sure, the DSG shifting at 6500 really cuts down the top end power figure, as the car will make power until around 7200rpm..

I agree though, I think the potential power of the engine is around 360BHP, but on the day, I think anything over 330hp and ill be happy  :happy2: :grin:

Its at XO Motorsport in Gateshead..

Jonny

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #276 on: January 20, 2009, 07:29:00 pm »
The milltek isnt loud enough for me :driver:

:surprised: :surprised:  Any louder and I'll need ear-defenders  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:  Or maybe I'm getting old and miserable  :laugh:

You and me both Illyun.........Grumpy Old Drivers... :grin: :grin: :grin:
Golf R gone.

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #277 on: January 21, 2009, 01:39:44 pm »
The milltek isnt loud enough for me :driver:

:surprised: :surprised:  Any louder and I'll need ear-defenders  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:  Or maybe I'm getting old and miserable  :laugh:

You and me both Illyun.........Grumpy Old Drivers... :grin: :grin: :grin:

We should do a ear-defender group buy for G.O.Ds like us  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sorry, I'm hijacking the thread here with nonsense  :P

JonnyC, I thought your car was at VWR? My Ed30 is going in on Monday and I was worried that you might have the Racing Line demo car - Mark told me I could have a go on Monday  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2009, 02:03:54 pm »
I may have to have something done at VWR just to drive this beast!!!!  :rolleye:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2009, 02:04:38 pm »
Yeah my ED30 is in at VWR, I have the demo car at the moment but fingers crossed I should be picking up my car with all of the work completed on Friday, just depends on how long the diff fitting takes, all going well thought last time I heard

Jonny

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2009, 05:14:46 pm »
What's there demo car like mate (compared to yours especially)? Is it KO4 or bigger?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2009, 05:19:45 pm »
Demo car is a K04 conversion, doesn't quite have the same spec as my car so in a straight line its not as quick but the chassis and diff make it much quicker down a twisty road..

Brakes are also awesome!!

Its still very quick, and im sure the guys at VW Racing have a lot more performance that could be unleashed if they wanted to  :happy2:

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #282 on: January 21, 2009, 11:35:58 pm »
You do really have a serious budget for doing this, really impressed mind you and loving reading the updates.

Who needs advertising - looks like VWR will be getting a fair bit of work from the reports on this forum alone.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: January 21, 2009, 11:44:01 pm »
Credit where credit is due that's all..  :happy2:

I am spending a lot on the car but I love it, and im certainly not wasting my money on the car. I made an R8 owner feel very sad on the way to dropping the car off.. (and yes he was trying because I know him lol)

Jonny

Offline illyun

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2009, 12:10:43 am »
Credit where credit is due that's all..  :happy2:

I am spending a lot on the car but I love it, and im certainly not wasting my money on the car. I made an R8 owner feel very sad on the way to dropping the car off.. (and yes he was trying because I know him lol)

Jonny

You're telling us you beat an R8?!  :surprised: :surprised: