Make a donation

Author Topic: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..  (Read 508166 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..
« Reply #705 on: March 31, 2009, 09:25:32 am »
Car was looking great a Santa Pod Jonny  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Love the sound of your new plans. When you say Recaros, do you mean the ones you currently have or are you binning them off and going for something lighter?  :happy2:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #706 on: March 31, 2009, 10:41:11 am »
Car was looking great a Santa Pod Jonny  :drool: :drool: :drool:

Love the sound of your new plans. When you say Recaros, do you mean the ones you currently have or are you binning them off and going for something lighter?  :happy2:

Yeah, selling the seats that are in the car currently and replacing them with something lighter.. See the for sale thread  :smiley:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline mixit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 1
  • NEVER GROW UP
« Reply #707 on: March 31, 2009, 02:17:25 pm »
Wow ! What an awesome thread. Just spent the last 2 hours going through it. Amazing car Jonnyc  :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #708 on: March 31, 2009, 06:07:03 pm »
Wow ! What an awesome thread. Just spent the last 2 hours going through it. Amazing car Jonnyc  :happy2:

Thanks! Yeah, I had a look through it myself the other day, quite a lot of stuff in there lol..

Got the new lower grill replaced, that open one looked a mess! Such a shame I didnt have the standard one back in for Santa Pod, never mind!

Anyways Robin has bought the seats out of my car (R32 Recaros) and my new seats should be in Thursday next week.. As far as I know they are going to be one of a kind too! hehe.. Love a bit of custom work!!  :wink:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #709 on: March 31, 2009, 06:34:32 pm »

Anyways Robin has bought the seats out of my car (R32 Recaros) and my new seats should be in Thursday next week.. As far as I know they are going to be one of a kind too! hehe.. Love a bit of custom work!!  :wink:

....The seats I'm getting from you are one of a kind too - They are the fastest Mk5 seats in the UK over the quarter-mile!

(I'll be 62 next Thursday) If there's a change to next Thursday, Jonny, it's no problem - I'm totally flexible.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #710 on: March 31, 2009, 06:37:41 pm »

....The seats I'm getting from you are one of a kind too - They are the fastest Mk5 seats in the UK over the quarter-mile!

(I'll be 62 next Thursday) If there's a change to next Thursday, Jonny, it's no problem - I'm totally flexible.

Ok Robin, what ever suits you, no probs moving around within the week, of course need to confirm a date with VWR too as yet so ill get on to it Tuesday when im back and we can go from there!

Thanks again  :happy2:

Offline mixit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • NEVER GROW UP
« Reply #711 on: March 31, 2009, 07:59:37 pm »

You'll need to be with those seats  :laugh: :evilgrin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #712 on: March 31, 2009, 09:41:47 pm »

^ Uber cool pic by john_o ^  :happy2: 8) :happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #713 on: April 03, 2009, 09:00:40 am »
Your car's looking good Jonny and you've got some great mods in the pipeline. :happy2: By-the-way are you the same Jonny that popped into The Golf Centre (Allan Fishburn) in Darlo a couple of times - if so hello - I had the black mk5 GTI.  Trev.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #714 on: April 03, 2009, 07:37:55 pm »
 Jonny, seems like your car is no longer the quickest Mk5 GTi down the strip. This ones just obliterated your previous times.

&feature=related

Time to alter your sig pic about having the quickest mk5 in the world  :signLOL:  :wink:

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #715 on: April 03, 2009, 07:50:37 pm »
Jonny, seems like your car is no longer the quickest Mk5 GTi down the strip. This ones just obliterated your previous times.

&feature=related

Time to alter your sig pic about having the quickest mk5 in the world  :signLOL:  :wink:

His is the quickest in the uk, and quickest dsg in the world. The gti in the video is a manual :happy2:
Although it does prove that red is the fastest colour :laugh:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #716 on: April 03, 2009, 07:51:35 pm »

&feature=related

His is the quickest in the uk, and quickest dsg in the world. The gti in the video is a manual :happy2:
so true luca :happy2:.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #717 on: April 03, 2009, 07:54:12 pm »
im sure jonny will be wiping the floor with that soon anyway phil

Offline luca

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
« Reply #718 on: April 03, 2009, 07:54:48 pm »
Says on the info part of the vid it has a gt30 turbo kit :confused:

Tornado red ED30, Revo stage 2, ITG Panel filter, 3" Blueflame turbo back exhaust, leon cupra front brakes, ecs dogbone mount, WALK kit, Eibach sportlines, Satin black Monza II's, VWR/sachs paddle clutch

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #719 on: April 03, 2009, 09:06:47 pm »
That is not the fastest in the world, that title is with USP in the US with a 600+ WHP (Black) GTI.. Mine is the fastest DSG in the world, not MK 5

Hoping to drop into the 11's with a KO4 turbo, think that's cooler than just bolting on a load of power and going fast ad a result of that..

&feature=related

so true luca :happy2:.