Make a donation

Author Topic: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..  (Read 508619 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..
« Reply #765 on: April 16, 2009, 12:51:03 pm »
How many mods can one man do, there can't be any more left, but I suspect there are!  Jonny get yourself down to The Golf Centre in Darlo again one Saturday morning so we can all have a bit of a drool. :happy2:  I'm there every week and there's usually a few others.  In fact we'll have to have a mini NE meet there some time!  My black edition CHs arrive today for mk ED30, so I'll be showing those off this week lol.

Golf centre in Darlo? Not sure where that is.. Not been there before I dont think, unless im mistaken  :ashamed:

Yeah up for a little NE meet, free this Sat too..

It's Allan Fishburn's place - he does Revo remaps - unless I'm getting you confused with someone else, I think you've been there with your previous car (white GTI - coilovers, remap, R32 rear bumper, black CHs etc)?

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #766 on: April 16, 2009, 12:52:19 pm »
How many mods can one man do, there can't be any more left, but I suspect there are!  Jonny get yourself down to The Golf Centre in Darlo again one Saturday morning so we can all have a bit of a drool. :happy2:  I'm there every week and there's usually a few others.  In fact we'll have to have a mini NE meet there some time!  My black edition CHs arrive today for mk ED30, so I'll be showing those off this week lol.

Golf centre in Darlo? Not sure where that is.. Not been there before I dont think, unless im mistaken  :ashamed:

It's Allan Fishburn's place - he does Revo remaps - unless I'm getting you confused with someone else, I think you've been there with your previous car (white GTI - coilovers, remap, R32 rear bumper, black CHs etc)?

Ah ok yeah, that was aaaages ago haha.. Yeah that was my old Golf..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline TurboTrev

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #767 on: April 16, 2009, 01:00:57 pm »

Yeah, it was ages ago!  I was the old foggey with the black mk5 GTI (since sold) who nearly bought your coilovers. :laugh: Are you up for it - if so, I'l post a message on the board and see if I can get a few more?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #768 on: April 16, 2009, 01:03:52 pm »

Yeah, it was ages ago!  I was the old foggey with the black mk5 GTI (since sold) who nearly bought your coilovers. :laugh: Are you up for it - if so, I'l post a message on the board and see if I can get a few more?

I remember now yeah!! Sure, see if there is anyone up for it, pretty sure I should be able to make it..

Jonny

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #769 on: April 16, 2009, 04:22:06 pm »
Hi jonny, My names Tom Cowell and i met you years ago at stokesley college when you had your copper s am a mate of Glen Cummins....
I've been watching your build's for ages and i absolutly love this!!! I've read both your old threads golf and s3, and top respect!

But defo think you should bin the armrest for weight saving and i'll have it  :signLOL: oh and anything else going you should give me a heads up

Am on section 5 as well and i look forward to meeting ya again and seeing this in the flesh rather than flying past between nunthorpe and guisbrough  :signLOL:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #770 on: April 16, 2009, 04:31:23 pm »
Hi jonny, My names Tom Cowell and i met you years ago at stokesley college when you had your copper s am a mate of Glen Cummins....
I've been watching your build's for ages and i absolutly love this!!! I've read both your old threads golf and s3, and top respect!

But defo think you should bin the armrest for weight saving and i'll have it  :signLOL: oh and anything else going you should give me a heads up

Am on section 5 as well and i look forward to meeting ya again and seeing this in the flesh rather than flying past between nunthorpe and guisbrough  :signLOL:

Hey mate.. Ah cool, yeah kind of remember, my memory isn't amazing though lol..

Yours is looking good too, should post up on your thread with a few plans etc, what look your after etc..

Dont think there is a lot more to sell out of my car to be honest haha, need everything thats in / on it now lol..

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #771 on: April 16, 2009, 04:37:28 pm »
Yeah no worries it was a long time ago....

I've got a couple of ideas, might start one to get some more ideas and different opinions, defo some from yourself
but mines going to be a slower process as am just finishing uni so money's tight  :sad:

Too right theres nothing left  :P

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #772 on: April 16, 2009, 06:08:34 pm »
WOW is all I can say, just got through all 50 odd pages, saw the S3 over on Audi sport and didnt realise you are only 22, hats off to you.

Cant believe I havent caught a glimpse of this thread before now. Im in the same boat as the other guy, finished Uni and need to frame myself and get a job to start modding. 4 weeks and I can be out on the open road again  :driver:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Dario

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • booosting... :)
« Reply #773 on: April 17, 2009, 03:39:57 am »
 :drinking: jonny ,keep up the good work :)
REVO ST2+ Edition30 -sold

soon 2015 Golf R :)

Offline Harm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #774 on: April 17, 2009, 09:53:43 am »
Cant wait to see this in person tearing it up the strip one day!

Loved your Audi and look forward to seeing this finished....

:happy2:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #775 on: April 17, 2009, 07:52:43 pm »
What brakes have you gone/going with?
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #776 on: April 17, 2009, 09:09:24 pm »
What brakes have you gone/going with?

VWR 6 pots..  :happy2: Should have them pretty soon hopefully, will be a huge weight saving and should work great too!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #777 on: April 17, 2009, 10:05:08 pm »

I've been thinking what I'd do if it was my Candy White. Quite apart from size and weight considerations, I'd choose a white rim. Black rims on white cars are so common now.

Not this particular rim, just to show white + white : -

:happy2:

^ Much more individual and distinctive without being bling or in yer face.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #778 on: April 17, 2009, 10:47:25 pm »
^^^Been thinking along the same lines, considering the below at the mo- can anyone with photoshop skill do a mod?

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #779 on: April 18, 2009, 12:10:37 am »
Robin, I very much agree that the black wheel / white car combo is very common now..

When I got my first GTI in white everyone thought I was mad, but white ended up being THE colour to have and again I stuck black wheels on it which was different but now you see it on everything.. I was considering white wheels but I thought they would look tiny in 17's and they would be a nightmare to keep clean etc..

Hmm, maybes ill surprise myself and go for something different lol..