Make a donation

Author Topic: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..  (Read 508407 times)

Offline jonnyc

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: Jonnyc's MK5 ED30 Build Thread..
« Reply #930 on: May 14, 2009, 12:21:59 am »
Looking decent, the seats i particuarly like!

Ok, say for example I woke up on Saturday and decided, I know, I want to replicate everything Johnny's done to his car, but do it to mine. I say replicate, I mean do very similar stuff to have a Diamond black nightrider esc mk5.

Aside from not knowing practically anything about it and hiring you to do most of the work for me haha, roughly how much would I need to raid my ISA for to bring my GTI up to this standard? I understand you may not have finished with it, and I don't need an exact figure, just roughly! :smiley:

Up to where the car is at now, 10-12k.. But its going to end up more like 18-20 if/when I get it to the level of what im after..  :scared:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #931 on: May 14, 2009, 12:27:07 am »
interesting! i might wait a few weeks then till i begin!  :laugh:

if you don't mind me asking:

1. what other big things are you planning to push the costs up so much?!

2. how on earth do you think of things that can be done? some of the things you have done, including having custom things made, i wouldn't have thought possible!

3. why are you going to such lengths with the car? i mean is it that you will never sell it? surely it would be both a struggle to sell and if you did, a massive financial loss?!
Candy

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #932 on: May 14, 2009, 12:31:22 am »

2. how on earth do you think of things that can be done? some of the things you have done, including having custom things made, i wouldn't have thought possible!

3. why are you going to such lengths with the car? i mean is it that you will never sell it? surely it would be both a struggle to sell and if you did, a massive financial loss?!

1. Lots of nice things  :wink: A few more horses  :party:

2. I have a good imagination  :laugh: Na, seriously I just want to have the best stuff on the car possible, so

3. I love it too much, the plan is certainly to keep this car for a while now. I have gone beyond the point of no return with it a long time ago.. Saying that, the car is for sale at the right price  :smiley:

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #933 on: May 14, 2009, 12:36:44 am »

2. I have a good imagination  :laugh: Na, seriously I just want to have the best stuff on the car possible, so

3. I love it too much, the plan is certainly to keep this car for a while now. I have gone beyond the point of no return with it a long time ago.. Saying that, the car is for sale at the right price  :smiley:

haha well its been quite a story so far, ill keep watching this space!  :happy2:

surely if you add many more HP all you'll get is wheelspin magee? even with the best intentions!?
Candy

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #934 on: May 14, 2009, 12:41:13 am »

haha well its been quite a story so far, ill keep watching this space!  :happy2:

surely if you add many more HP all you'll get is wheelspin magee? even with the best intentions!?

Thats not the plan.. The map would be such that I only get more power high up in the revs, so its not a huge shock to the tyre..

Also I have a new wheel/tyre package that im working on that will increase traction by a little bit haha..

18x9 - 265/35 tyres is the goal but if not I should be able to go with 18x8.5 and 255/35/18 tyres..

That would give me another 16mm of contact patch all round over the 235/40/18 R888's that im currently running..

235/40/18 Toyo R888 is actually 244mm wide.. And the 255/35/18 is 260mm wide..

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #935 on: May 14, 2009, 12:45:07 am »
ahhh i see, it does make sense! haha
Candy

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 4
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #936 on: May 14, 2009, 03:43:29 pm »
I'd just like to thank Jonny for inviting me over to see his car and take me out in it. 

You have got to believe me when I say this car is fast, I mean FAST, far faster than you'd think possible in fact, in a straight line or round a bend it's simply RAPID!!! :driver:

Thumbs up to you mate and thanks again for today!  I'll email you about the brakes and photo shoot!...  :happy2:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #937 on: May 14, 2009, 06:07:38 pm »
I'd just like to thank Jonny for inviting me over to see his car and take me out in it. 

You have got to believe me when I say this car is fast, I mean FAST, far faster than you'd think possible in fact, in a straight line or round a bend it's simply RAPID!!! :driver:

Thumbs up to you mate and thanks again for today!  I'll email you about the brakes and photo shoot!...  :happy2:

No probs mate.. Good fun isn't it!!  :laugh:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #938 on: May 14, 2009, 07:58:09 pm »
You lucky bugger J5 BWS! Im not jealous at all  :P :P
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #939 on: May 14, 2009, 09:08:46 pm »

No probs mate.. Good fun isn't it!!  :laugh:

Oh yes!  :grin:

Offline J5BWS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • I love my Golf me!
    • Anon Studio Limited
    • Email
« Reply #940 on: May 14, 2009, 09:09:52 pm »
You lucky bugger J5 BWS! Im not jealous at all  :P :P

LOL I know!  Still now I want!...  :confused:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #941 on: May 15, 2009, 12:34:43 am »
Cant imagine what yours is like, got the trial APR map today on mine and its real good fun, not sure what power its running but nearly used the 6 hours worth of driving already.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #942 on: May 15, 2009, 12:45:37 am »
Right am next  :signLOL:

And i think pirelli p should get to read your s3 thread (i'd like to read it again too  :wink:) and then he might understand even more what your like with your cars  :jumping:

oh and not meaning to go off topic but i was out with my mate tonight who has the red astra vxr you were having a little fun with the other night!  :driver:

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #943 on: May 15, 2009, 02:13:26 pm »
Right am next  :signLOL:

And i think pirelli p should get to read your s3 thread (i'd like to read it again too  :wink:) and then he might understand even more what your like with your cars  :jumping:

oh and not meaning to go off topic but i was out with my mate tonight who has the red astra vxr you were having a little fun with the other night!  :driver:

Anyone wanting to check out my build thread for the S3 can find it on here..

(its a great little forum and it would be great to have a few of us guys on there)

http://vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?p=11353#post11353

Oh and yes, had a little play with it.. Had to ask if it was tuned coz it did pretty well really.. Says its running just short of 300hp apparently?

Offline tomoc2003

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #944 on: May 15, 2009, 04:33:55 pm »
yeah he's got milltex system and a map etc