Make a donation

Author Topic: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.  (Read 120720 times)

Offline haithame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: *** All your bluefin/superchips questions and answers in here please.
« Reply #525 on: June 12, 2009, 12:17:06 pm »
I have been trading emails daily with them reference the decat remap. and they have been answering within a day each time. try ringing they cant get out of it then.

the problem mate is that i'm in Abu Dhabi, UAE
i bought it online from their website....and now they are ignoring my emails

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #526 on: June 12, 2009, 07:25:59 pm »
what octane fuel are you using out in the Abu dhabi?? Perhaps its not suited very well to the fuel over there??

Offline haithame

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #527 on: June 12, 2009, 07:50:03 pm »
what octane fuel are you using out in the Abu dhabi?? Perhaps its not suited very well to the fuel over there??

98 octane and i told superships that from the beginning but they said it wont make a difference  :sad1:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #528 on: June 12, 2009, 09:00:41 pm »
IMO fuel type does make a difference. i run mine on shell Vpower racing 100, and when i run it on anything else it feels crap and unresponsive in comparison.

although i would have thought 98 ron fuel shouldnt cause an issue though specially as the superchips remaps arnt the most powerful available on the market

Offline tautvydasv

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2009, 11:24:01 am »

I was always under the impression that dyno runs were best done in 4th gear as it gave the best spread of power, that could be your problem. my bluefin stage 1 gave me 241bhp, 249Ibft on a well renowned rolling road, and i have seen other with similar results.

Also bluefin remaps require a small time period to bed in for the ecu to adapt completely.

Believe me adaption will give you extra 5 ps, sometime you even might loose power. I have tested this also. Also standard was done withoud adaption, so if you would add 5-10ps to it. Then sc remap is giving you around what, +10 HP  :laugh:

What golf are you runing? K03? K04? Mine is K04. Seeing 241 ps with k04 car is ridiculous :D

Problem is not the gear. Problem is the map, try vagcom datalogging and check for your self what boost their remap is specifying at high rpms.... It is very close to stock, that is why they do not have power over there.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2009, 03:56:09 pm »
^^^ Yours is the first SC map that I have every heard of delivering that low output, on the leanest dyno's in the UK the lowest I have seen an K04 car run is 260bhp, so it strongly suggests to me that it isn't the map.

Mine on Stage 1 was running 289bhp on a Dyno Dynamics rollers and 300bhp on the SC's rollers. Stage 2 saw over 310bhp on SC's Maha LPS3000 rollers.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #531 on: June 15, 2009, 11:37:38 am »
my map is fine. I have a genuine, 241bhp, 249Ibft off stage 1 map. just about to get my exhaust then ill stage 2 it

Offline tautvydasv

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #532 on: June 15, 2009, 08:40:28 pm »
SteveP do you have boost specified and actual boost logs? It would be intresting to see them.

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #533 on: June 15, 2009, 08:47:02 pm »
Sorry I don't have any logs myself from when I was running the SC map as I didn't have a VCDS cable, but I know from the logging SC did themselves on my car there was never any issues with the specified vs actual boost.  :happy2:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
    • My Project
« Reply #534 on: June 15, 2009, 09:13:53 pm »
Any further questions please post a new topic  :happy2: