Make a donation

Author Topic: stage 2 bluefin K03  (Read 4743 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
stage 2 bluefin K03
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:39 pm »
put stage 2 map on my car today along with 3"pipewerx DP and cat, that along with my intake has transformed the output of the car from what it was at stage 1. there seems to be masses of torque available over a longer rev range which is very good.

it did however  hesitate whilst accelerating especially in 3rd and 4th a few times. im not sure if it is fuel cut or the ECU still adapting to the map. it was practically immediately after installation i tried it.

maybe its the fuel cut issues,  i hope not, if so looks like an autotech fuel pump, and fuel pump specific map. spoke to the guy yesterday while getting my stage 2 map, and they wil no e charging around £50 pound for fuel pump specific maps, now instead of sending them for free, and are considering a similar charge for going from stage 1, to stage 2.

Does anybody have accurate figures for stage 2 bluefin on k03 tfsi engines. or RR graphs to see the torque spread.

Thanks
Sy

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
Re: stage 2 bluefin K03
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »
Here are the graphs :

All these runs were done with the following fitted to my car :

Normal 2007 GTI 2.0. TFSI (BDA)

Milltek Hiflow Downpipe
Milltek HiFlow Cat
Milltek Resonated Exhaust
Carbonio intake
ITG Panel filter
Forge DV

and then for run 1 : Customised SC Bluefin stage 2 map
and then for run 2 : Customised SC Bluefin stage 2 map + Autotech uprated High Pressure Fuel Pump
and then ror run 3 : SC Bluefin Stage 2 (+) map + Autotech uprated High Pressure Fuel Pump

I had the hesitation issues, which you can find here :

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5134.0

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4289.msg83398#msg83398

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:52:59 pm »
thank you mate, it does look like your slumps in the graphs are occuring at the same rev range as yours. so it might be that. your fuel cut violent. mine isnt. its as if i lift off slightly then power back on. so not to sure.

I still will be getting the fuel pump though. although superchips said it will now cost £50 to upgrade to the fuel pump specific remap

Are you the only guy on here with a 200ps gti stage 2 bluefin. every one seems to have edition 30 bluefin'd cars

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:18:26 am »
I have a funny feeling I might be. The first stage 2 map just dropped the car in protection mode - but my altered stage 2 map had feelings of hesitation but no DTC or throttle cut. It was only when I had the uprated fuel pump and got the Bluefin stage 2+ software that things improved. - still have a little bit of reigning in going on 5K rpm in 5th and 6th though and only under real load but then I'm doing about 120MPH when I feel it  :scared:

My advice? - Go Revo. I'm still thinking about changing software supplier. I need to raise a bit of budget though as I've spent rather too much on the GTI in the last few months... but I'm considering Revo or JD Engineering in NL.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:39:58 am by Mark_GTIV »

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 05:23:14 pm »
replaced my DV withthe new D revision, problem solved :jumping: car is even better now

Offline Mark_GTIV

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 06:22:17 pm »
I'm now also on the rev D DV...  if you're ever out on an autobahn, try a long 5th gear / 6th gear pull to the red line ... and tell me if you get the slight surging through 5K RPM... pretty difficult to replicate on UK roads.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:21:57 pm »
not in 5th but in 4th i do. 5th and 6th pull to the redline with no judder

Offline DaveyCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 05:53:53 pm »
Mark,

You could be having PCV issues, when was the last time you replaced your PCV Valve?