Make a donation

Author Topic: Tornado Red GTI- project budget Ko4. New pics 17/06/13  (Read 5607 times)

Offline james

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 19
Re: Tornado Red GTI- project budget Ko4
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 05:01:01 pm »
that is good! i only pull 376 with wmi on jkms rr! 400 on others.

Offline GarethB

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 05:17:33 pm »
Nope no wmi ..

I was impressed at 1st then i thought to myself i bet the rollers are out so its since been rr'd at 3 places now with roughly all the same numbers. (368.9) (369.1) and the odd one out (374.6) good old rr lottery :)

Deffo the RR Lottery.

All RRs should be taken with a pinch of salt imo. If you ever want some disappointment, see if you can get down to JKM one day and have a run on their 'heartbreaker' DD dyno. No Revo Stage 3 (or K04 Stg 2+) TFSI has come close to your figures on that dyno without NOS or WMI running a shed load of timing (i.e James  :notworthy:).

My Revo Stg 3 last weekend pulled 320bhp, H4rdy's Revo Stg2+ Ed30 pulled 322bhp - they are always in that ballpark on that dyno.

At least I know it is the lowest that it'll run  :happy2:

May need a trip to AmD to make myself feel better  :signLOL:

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 06:01:54 pm »
Nope no wmi ..

I was impressed at 1st then i thought to myself i bet the rollers are out so its since been rr'd at 3 places now with roughly all the same numbers. (368.9) (369.1) and the odd one out (374.6) good old rr lottery :)

Deffo the RR Lottery.

All RRs should be taken with a pinch of salt imo. If you ever want some disappointment, see if you can get down to JKM one day and have a run on their 'heartbreaker' DD dyno. No Revo Stage 3 (or K04 Stg 2+) TFSI has come close to your figures on that dyno without NOS or WMI running a shed load of timing (i.e James  :notworthy:).

My Revo Stg 3 last weekend pulled 320bhp, H4rdy's Revo Stg2+ Ed30 pulled 322bhp - they are always in that ballpark on that dyno.

At least I know it is the lowest that it'll run  :happy2:

May need a trip to AmD to make myself feel better  :signLOL:

Haha i totally agree that all dynos are different ! My car is a daily more than anything so the main thing is how it feels on the road  :driver: would love to go chasing numbers like teff etc but unfortunately my pockets are not deep enough :(

Offline matt_TFSI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 07:42:57 pm »
Its Pretty simple to do , I got everything for cheap a brand new k04 all the pipework and injectors etc for £700 , I already had the autotech fuel pump internals and audi s3 intercooler , Threw a forge twintercooler on 2 keep things a bit cooler.

Stupidly what i done was went to a tuner after i had built it up who said they could map it no problem, This was only to tide me over until such times as i could afford a better map as i didn't want to run about in a car that was not running properly and over boosting etc. They were going to do it for a lot cheaper than anywhere else so i went , they failed to map it they claimed there was problems with x y z went away got a few new parts went back ...same thing again they were getting 320bhp from it but with major boost spikes etc. Ended up i was not happy and as far as i was concerned i couldnt be bothered with the company so i eventually saved up a bit more cash then revo had 20% percent off which btw for stage 3 was still £800 but atleast it was £800 that worked and it produced 370bhp

I hope you know that you will more than likely destroy your clutch so you will possibly need a new one!

I was speaking to you at DC12.5, you put me in touch with  someone about a turbo :laugh: Did you drive to the tuner or trailer it? There is a Revo dealer literally a mile away so I think it will be going there for stage 2+ map to start then will see about stage 3.

I'm runnung a standard cooler and twintercooler, should I look to go for an s3 one or can I keep standard with twintercooler for stg2+?

£800! Steep but obviously well worth it!!

I've budgeted for a new clutch, can anyone recommend one?

Cheers,

Matt

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 08:06:25 pm »
Yeh bud , yeh i just drove it there . It was fine 2 drive slowly .

A twintercooler and standard cooler should b fine for stage 3!

If u put the k04 onto the car it will be setup for stage 3 or the equivalent of stage 2 plus on an edition 30 .

I would recomend a loba clutch but thats the only one i have tried so cant really say what ones the best.

Offline matt_TFSI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Tornado Red GTI- Loads of new stuff!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 12:59:44 pm »
I've been abroad for ages so not updated in about 6 months. The car has had a lot of changes, the porsche brakes are on as are the new wheels, plastics coded, R32 rear with centre exit, NA Gti badges, Rcd 510 and armrest. Performance mods are on hold and it'll be ko4'd over the winter as I have all the parts for the conversion. Think thats it for now, here are some pics!

New wheels

Coming out of hibernation

510 and arm rest going in

Porsche Boxster Brakes and M-tec discs, bargain conversion and I am so happy with the results!

New calipers, discs and pads for the rear too

NA gti badges

The studs on my adapters were too long so I took 5 threads off

Test fit before more lows

Brought the car down 20mm all round

This is the only shot I have with the plastics coded, more pictures this week at some point

I was worried about the 35 profile on the 18's but I think it really works with the car as low as it is. Loving the brake conversion but not loving the tonnes of brake dust hitting shiny new wheels!!

All comments appreciated, interested to hear peoples thoughts on the wheels!

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Tornado Red GTI- project budget Ko4, Loads of new stuff!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 01:48:55 pm »
I didnt think those wheels would work at all but somehow they do. Cars looking good mate  :happy2:

Offline matt_TFSI

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Tornado Red GTI- project budget Ko4, Loads of new stuff!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 09:52:57 pm »
Haven't updated this for a while so here are some pics from a recent shoot  :smiley:

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
Re: Tornado Red GTI- project budget Ko4. New pics 17/06/13
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »
Great photography....

Looks awesome.  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline scopes

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
Re: Tornado Red GTI- project budget Ko4. New pics 17/06/13
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 10:32:59 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats: Some great photos there dude, I really like the second last rolling shot  :happy2:
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !