Make a donation

Author Topic: Removing front slam panel??  (Read 5001 times)

Offline kam

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Removing front slam panel??
« on: June 22, 2013, 02:52:59 pm »
Hi team I will be shortly fitting a genuine r32 front bumper to my gt tdi. My question is how difficult is it to change the front panel so I don't need to cut the bumper to fit properly, do the air con pipes pass through the front panel, if so will I need to disconnect the air con pipes to get the old panel off and new panel in,
I have seen a guide which states all the rad and inter cooler can be supported snd tied out of the way to remove and refit the front panel if anyone has done it or knows there advice would be very much apprechiated .

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Removing front slam panel??
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:26:16 pm »
Don't mess around with that. You can't trim the slam panel and you need to buy a whole load of parts

Just trim the bumper. Fits life a glove that way, free as opposed to around £400, and also where you trim is not visible at all.

Offline kam

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 06:47:17 am »
Thanks for the reply but I already have all the parts to do the conversion , don't want to cut the bumper so if anyone else can give me the heads up thanks

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:53:15 pm »
I can't access this guide at work but it should be in here.....

http://www.goapr.co.uk/support/

Have a look at the 2.0 TFSI Intercooler installation and it will be a step by step guide in there.

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:48:23 am »
its a piece of cake to replace the front panel - to be honest quite intuitive - just have plenty of WD40 with you for the chassis bolts, make sure you put all the air guides back - i'm not 100% sure but they *may* just all be the same between the different panels.

i changed 2 panels on mine - one for a GT conversion and another after a disagreement with a caravan, really not a hard job at all! you will need to support the radiators

:happy2:
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:09:28 pm »
5L pot of dulux paint seems to do well for the rad support.