Make a donation

Author Topic: Problem showing no error codes.  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Skonex

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
  • My Ride: 2005 Golf 5 2.0TDI 4motion
Problem showing no error codes.
« on: June 18, 2013, 09:36:20 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am having some serious car problems and thought I'd have a go online to try and get some help.

My name is Simon and I'm from Malta and drive a 2006 VW golf GT 2.0tdi 4motion.

I am experiencing a problem that no mechanic is able to find a solution to (Been to 2 different mechanics, both well known).

Okay so my problem is;

Randomly, not always - when I turn the car on and get on with were I need to go, I realise that my car has no power at all - Sort of in ECO-Mode.

It takes double/triple the time to rev up and when on low gears (first, second and even third), it doesn't give those 'kicks' of acceleration it usually does.

My solution, turn off the engine and on again which 80% of the time fixes the problem.

Today, I had some errands to run and made about 4 stops, I had to turn the car off and on again 3/4 times due to this problem.

What my mechanic done so far;
- New EGR system
- Turbo cleaning
- Brake/acceleration pad sensor
- Air-flow meter
- Hours calibrating the computer.

May I add that no errors at all are being shown on the computer. Multiple versions were used and still no error.

At first, when I went to the mechanics with this problem, They said that I might be imagining things, since they said it's very rare if not impossible that a car shows these symptoms and no have an error code. So I waited for the car to do it again and drove it to the mechanic how it was for them to fully understand and in a way, believe me.

Please, can anyone help out? or give any advice you might have.
I love my golf, but this problem is stressing the hell out of me. Not to mention these expenses.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Problem showing no error codes.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:51:01 pm »
Standard / Mapped?