Make a donation

Author Topic: Too fast??  (Read 14539 times)

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Too fast??
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2009, 04:38:22 pm »
Haha i thought exactly that last night, if i closed my account and didnt look on here anymore i would be loaded  :signLOL:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2009, 05:28:23 pm »

Haha i thought exactly that last night, if i closed my account and didnt look on here anymore i would be loaded  :signLOL:

....But then what would you spend your money on? You can't take it with you :evilgrin:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2009, 05:47:26 pm »
interesting thread....

best thing that changed for me was getting a bike licence.

you learn soo much more about road awareness learning to ride a bike than u do a car. 

but then u need to cos of the speed a bike allows u to do.  bonkers!

:grin:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2009, 06:02:14 pm »
interesting thread....

you learn soo much more about road awareness learning to ride a bike than u do a car. 

....150-200 miles a week training on a fast road bicycle also fine-tunes your road sense!

Those days of pain and pleasure are over for me now.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2009, 06:29:50 pm »
interesting thread....

Very true Lee!  :happy2:
I was quite a late starter to cars at 20 i guess, biking since 16 and they were and are my first love and they definately do give you a greater sense of road awareness imo...

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2009, 07:27:48 pm »
do fancy getting back into bikes tho..........  :confused:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »

....But then what would you spend your money on? You can't take it with you :evilgrin:
Trust me Robin, his better half would soon have it spent on shoes and handbags  :laugh:
Dont tell Jen i said that though appers....  lol  :grin:

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2009, 09:07:27 pm »
She already knows she has surveillance on this forum  :scared:

Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2009, 09:21:26 pm »
She already knows she has surveillance on this forum  :scared:

<<< Looks around for the hidden cameras....  :scared:

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:39 pm »
interesting thread....

Same here, I have given up now as my 3 brushes tell me I am not cut out for it anymore.
If it were possible all new drivers should spend a day or two on a bike to let them see how there driving affects bikers.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2009, 09:47:23 pm »
interesting thread....

Same here, I have given up now as my 3 brushes tell me I am not cut out for it anymore.
If it were possible all new drivers should spend a day or two on a bike to let them see how there driving affects bikers.

If you ask me, some romper leathered up bikers need to spend a day or two in cars to see how their riding affects car drivers!!!

I know you can't label all bikers the same but around the Yorkshire/Derbyshire Dales bikers think they own the roads and I personally have seen more than my fair share of squashed and mangled bikes and bikers!!

There seems to be a trend for signs saying think twice think bike around here and for me it is the other way around.

Roads saying XXX bikers killed on here in the last 12 months basically signifies to me that they ride too hard and too fast for their own good and spend far too long on the wrong side of the road and overtaking where they shouldn't. :mad:

In all the years I've been driving I have never seen any more than one or two cars bridge the double white lines, but bikers think that they are there specifically to highlight that their overtaking area has just begun and I see it EVERY time I go out driving in Derbyshire.....It's unbelievable!!
Golf R gone.

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2009, 09:57:04 pm »
10 mins on a bike and you'll see what i mean riding fast or not if someone isn't paying attention and pulls out on you when your doing 30-40 you better hope your gears good as its gonna hurt.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2009, 10:07:05 pm »
10 mins on a bike and you'll see what i mean riding fast or not if someone isn't paying attention and pulls out on you when your doing 30-40 you better hope your gears good as its gonna hurt.

I used to ride bikes a long time ago and gave it up after my sister had a near miss by going under a lorry and coming out the other side without touching it :sick: I thought she'd died and it put me off for life. I know exactly what you mean about car drivers, but now there are sooooo many bikers thinking they are Valentino Rossi, especially with the advent of more and more affordable, more powerful bikes over the last 10 years. I personally know of 3 people over the last year that have died through basically road racing against other bikes, plus one guy at work who was lucky not to be jailed for racing after the other bike hit a wall at 140mph!....Madness!
Golf R gone.

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2009, 10:22:26 pm »
I agree every sunday you can here the shriek of aftermarket race cans blast along the straight that borders where i stay and they aint hanging about.

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2009, 10:54:40 pm »
interesting thread....

If you ask me, some romper leathered up bikers need to spend a day or two in cars to see how their riding affects car drivers!!!

I know you can't label all bikers the same but around the Yorkshire/Derbyshire Dales bikers think they own the roads and I personally have seen more than my fair share of squashed and mangled bikes and bikers!!

There seems to be a trend for signs saying think twice think bike around here and for me it is the other way around.

Roads saying XXX bikers killed on here in the last 12 months basically signifies to me that they ride too hard and too fast for their own good and spend far too long on the wrong side of the road and overtaking where they shouldn't. :mad:

In all the years I've been driving I have never seen any more than one or two cars bridge the double white lines, but bikers think that they are there specifically to highlight that their overtaking area has just begun and I see it EVERY time I go out driving in Derbyshire.....It's unbelievable!!

The amount of times I said 'And were supposed to look out for them!!!' when some idiot gimp either cut me up or haired past me missing my door mirror by a gnats nacker whilst in the Lakes last week!!! :angry015:

It became a bit of an in joke with me and the family! I can't beleive they have spent all this money telling car drivers to look out for bikers when they should be telling them to slow down and obey the rules of the road like the rest of us in cars/lorries etc are supposed to!   :fighting:

[Rant over]