Make a donation

Author Topic: 3-door, rear passenger panel removal  (Read 8677 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
3-door, rear passenger panel removal
« on: August 13, 2009, 12:48:01 pm »
Hey guys, does anyone know how easy it is to remove the rear passenger inside (what would be door) panel?  You know that bit under the window...which houses the rear speaker and has a little cubby?

I have a little annoying rattle which sounds like a loose screw, I generally only get this on severe braking or acceleration...thought for ages it was the centre console (arm rest) but several test pilots have confirmed that its coming from that area above.....

If its a hassle I will leave it, but it can get a little annoying especially since I have next to no other squeaks in the cabin!!

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: 3-door, rear passenger panel removal
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 01:10:27 pm »
I don't but Luke ( Plushautomotive ) would!  :wink:

WILLZIE

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:49:23 pm »
I had to do this a while ago, as it was my first and only time I hope,- it was a nightmare, I removed the rear bench and seat as its not sumin that just slides in at an angle!, also the B pillar has to come off.
It may help to remove the lower seat belt mount, tho I didn't have the 10mm multi spline torque.
And for some reason I can't remember the front trim piece that goes to the front footwell.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 07:27:41 pm »
This link takes you to a thread where Luke told me how to remove the rear panels from a 3 door. It'll save him having to type it all out again! :happy2:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5474.0

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 05:51:48 am »
Thanks Boothmeister, sounds a lot of grief if I do all that I'll want to make sure that I am 100% certain that the screw is there. Think I'll have to sit in the back whilst (god forbid) my mrs drives around, accelerating (there's a first) and braking.
 :scared: