Make a donation

Author Topic: ABS sensor  (Read 1494 times)

Offline CMB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
ABS sensor
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:32:54 pm »
Anyone know the part number for both rear ABS sensors on a 2006 golf GTi and how to change them? Big job or not?

Offline brogdog

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
Re: ABS sensor
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:19:43 pm »
Just out of interest what fault lights have you got on I'm having some issues with mine I've just put new rear calipers and pads on as they were seized but I think it still needs abs sensors on the back or maybe the abs unit mine has a few fault lights, abs light, ESP light and the handbrake light starts flashing when I get up to speed

Offline CMB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 06:22:07 pm »
Mine has had the ESP and tyre pressure lights come on for a good few months now, they go off every time i knock the car off but as soon as i go out again after about 10 mins they come back on. Just recently the brake light has started flashing as well, don't know why this is? I had mine scanned a few week ago before the brake light started flashing occasionally and the only faults were the two rear ABS sensors. VW quoted me £70 for each sensor so I'm going to look elsewhere for them just need the part number. Might take the wheel off tomorrow and have a look.

Offline brogdog

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 04:23:04 pm »
Well mine was the ESP control unit and was gonna cost £835 for that alone and it possibly needed wheel sensors aswell  so got shot of it for a mk6. I think it's a joke these parts should never be failing or should be lifetime guaranteed no way I was paying a thousand pound to get it through the next MOT the worst thing is it had only done 43k mile