Make a donation

Author Topic: Meguiars water magnet.  (Read 4775 times)

Jack-j100

Meguiars water magnet.
« on: June 25, 2013, 11:33:29 pm »
Just bought the water magnet drying towel from halfords.

OMG what a product! It's fantastic I wish I could get commission on these because I'd recommend them too any body!

I dried my whole car without ringing it out once!

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
Re: Re: Meguiars water magnet.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:36:30 pm »
I have 2 of these. Been using them for years. They are bloody awesome! Dry up the water instantly and leaves no smear marks behind.

Sent From My Samsung S3

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
Re: Meguiars water magnet.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:37:18 am »
How does it compare to the big yellow and wooly mammoth?

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:46:33 pm »
I got Kent ones from B&Q for £4ea with a gift card I had, can't rate them highly enough, one dries the golf or passat without wringing it out once. Cant beat them for the money.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Scottymon

• Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »
I got Kent ones from B&Q for £4ea with a gift card I had, can't rate them highly enough, one dries the golf or passat without wringing it out once. Cant beat them for the money.

TBH matey, I've got several of the Kent ones (the XL) and although pretty good, it's not as good as the others mentioned, especially if your drying the car properly; i.e without wiping the surface.  For the money they are well worth having though, for other areas you don't want to mess up your expensive towels on. :happy2:

Offline fingerling

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 01:24:28 pm »
amazing product, been using one for years.

God i remember using a chammie! old school way (my dad still does even through ive bought him a waffle towel)

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 01:27:28 pm »

I agree
Use them all the time.

I might get 1 or 2 super fluffy things however when new the Kent ones are perfectly good and last 4-5 washes before the fluffiness goes. I use them when pat drying and have no problems.

Further to that the Megs water magnet is in effect a waffle weave towel which I would never put on paintwork. These easily cause micromarring and surface scratches.
Stick with a premium quality Microfibre drying towel with lovely deep and fluffy pile.

EG The CG Wooly Mammoth or the other Dodo Juice one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:29:15 pm by xjay1337 »

Offline Carpy25

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 40
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:33:03 pm »
got a few of these after a while they don't work as well, But washing does wonders and makes them good as new make sure you follow washing I instructions

Rob

Offline arris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 05:33:40 pm »
I have a beat up one of these and it does a good job.

Bought a new big yellow drying towel few weeks back and couldn't get used to it. And it left yellow bits everywhere :(

Offline torque777

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
Re: Re: Re: Meguiars water magnet.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 08:56:41 pm »

I agree
Use them all the time.

I might get 1 or 2 super fluffy things however when new the Kent ones are perfectly good and last 4-5 washes before the fluffiness goes. I use them when pat drying and have no problems.

Further to that the Megs water magnet is in effect a waffle weave towel which I would never put on paintwork. These easily cause micromarring and surface scratches.
Stick with a premium quality Microfibre drying towel with lovely deep and fluffy pile.

EG The CG Wooly Mammoth or the other Dodo Juice one.
Totally agree ...I used to use one but waffle weave leave surface scratches ..now moved onto large blue fluffy towel so much better at protecting paint

sent using my own fingers

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 09:26:33 pm »
Another Megs Magnet fanboy here  :happy2:

Had mine for a few years, just stick it in the washing machine every now & again and it's good as new  :notworthy:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Leebo310

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 01:54:53 pm »
Being possibly really stupid here, but is the idea that you place the towel on the car and soak up the water rather than rubbing the water off?!
  :ashamed:
55 plate GTI DSG / Revo remap / Miltek cat back exhaust / Evolution Motorsport Induction Kit / Sony XAV 62-BT head unit/ LED Rear numberplate lights

Offline xjay1337

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »
You can "rub" the water off (truth be told you're lightly brushing the surface of your drying towel over the paint) however pat drying (or blotting as it's sometimes called) is a better way to dry

However your drying towel has to be very plush and of high quality to actual remove the water rather than sort of pick up parts of it and leave water behind.

Offline Leebo310

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 03:05:14 pm »
You can "rub" the water off (truth be told you're lightly brushing the surface of your drying towel over the paint) however pat drying (or blotting as it's sometimes called) is a better way to dry

However your drying towel has to be very plush and of high quality to actual remove the water rather than sort of pick up parts of it and leave water behind.

Cool cheers mate. I was looking at getting one of the Uber ones anyway which seem to be pretty high quality (well judging by the price they are!)
55 plate GTI DSG / Revo remap / Miltek cat back exhaust / Evolution Motorsport Induction Kit / Sony XAV 62-BT head unit/ LED Rear numberplate lights

Offline CJS-90

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2013, 09:28:15 am »
Might have to invest in one of these, I don't rate my Kent ones at all!