Make a donation

Author Topic: S3/ LCR intercooler - straight swap on a mk5 gti (K03)?  (Read 3363 times)

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
S3/ LCR intercooler - straight swap on a mk5 gti (K03)?
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:55:09 pm »
Bought the S3 intercooler off a mate with a '11 plate leon cupra R, with the pipework included... will this fit straight onto my mk5?

Just wondering if all the pipework, cooler mounting points etc match up before I pull my old one out and end up something doesn't fit  :sick: Has anyone else done this conversion??...is anything else required??

Cheers,
Brady

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
Re: S3/ LCR intercooler - straight swap on a mk5 gti (K03)?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:00:06 pm »
Bought the S3 intercooler off a mate with a '11 plate leon cupra R, with the pipework included... will this fit straight onto my mk5?

Just wondering if all the pipework, cooler mounting points etc match up before I pull my old one out and end up something doesn't fit  :sick: Has anyone else done this conversion??...is anything else required??

Cheers,
Brady

You will need some new bolts but that's it. Either you can modify your current pipes or use the new ones

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 01:45:43 pm »
Whats the part number on that intercooler...?

The pipes that are a straight fit should be 1K0 145 832 L/S and 1K0 145 834 AA. Mounting points should be identical, these will be on the aircon radiator and the rad/fans.

I found a thread which said the following bolts were required, m6x1.0 x 16mm long (9 of these) and m10x1.5 x 100mm long (2 of these). It did mention that the standard bolts could be used but just be careful putting them in due to the plastic mounting points.

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 05:46:17 pm »
The intercooler PN is: 1K0 145 803 AK

As you mentioned above, the pipes are numbered: 1K0 145 834 and 1K0 145 832. At least I know the pipes fit now and the mounts are the same! :)

I'll crack on and see if I can get it on and running this weekend.
Is there any fault codes you are aware of that might need reset after installation?

It made 205 horse at the wheels at the weekend, with a Milltek cat-back, K&N and an Angel Tuning re-map...will be hoping for some extra ponies with this on!

Brady

Offline flatout

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:42:39 pm »
if its the one with the plastic ends like it is then you dont need any bolts just use the ones which come out,so yes no other bolts needed.
stage 2+ Grey Ed30..DSG 362 BHP.380 lb/ft.....Also Statller Tuned :)

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 08:28:14 pm »

Cheers,
Brady

You will need some new bolts but that's it. Either you can modify your current pipes or use the new ones

how do you modify the existing GTI hoses?

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 08:28:30 pm »
if its the one with the plastic ends like it is then you dont need any bolts just use the ones which come out,so yes no other bolts needed.

Yep...plastic tank ends :)
Brilliant! Bring on the knuckle bashing!

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:29:09 pm »

Offline brady88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:20 pm »

Offline edd666999

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 89
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »

Cheers,
Brady

You remove the metal end and jubilee clip iy

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 10:09:31 pm »

Cheers,
Brady

You remove the metal end and jubilee clip iy

Simples  :happy2: