Make a donation

Author Topic: Rcd 510 user help?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
Rcd 510 user help?
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:04:48 pm »
Ok so the chances are I'm doing something wrong. But when I fitted my rcd510 dab I checked everything before refitting the dash trim. My original ipod dock (in the armrest) worked fine. Now I have left it overnight it will not work. The only thing that is different is that I have now loaded CDs into the cd changer.

Any advice?

Also all the phone button does is act as a mute. Is this because one of the cables on the block connector is wrong or is it because I need an additional Bluetooth device to use it.

Sorry for the dumb questions but I have booklet.
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Rcd 510 user help?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »
Hi Shaun,
Can you give us all the connection details, like MDI, Bluetooth fitted etc etc.
It sounds like you might need to swap 2 pins around on the connector block. If you compare the pin allocation diagrams on rcd300 & rcd510, the cd player ones changed, not 100% sure...maybe....someone will come a long to advise on that.
Yeah the phone button on mine just mutes. You will need a Bluetooth interface as its not built into the rcd510, the vw one is silly money. I've got a parrot kit fitted to mine for example....
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline ukshaun

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
  • If in doubt.. flat out
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 06:07:04 pm »
He'll again Paul. I was thinking it was the connection block but why would it have worked the day before? I haven't touched the connections since then.
My progress thread www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,66117.0.html
Mods done: revo map, new south boost gauge, rcd510 dab, gti grill, gti colour coded valance, tinted lights, leds, gti spoiler

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 11:47:41 am »
oh, so it was working ok on new rcd510.
I take it you have to push the aux button on it for the armrest ipod, and cd for the internal rcd510 cd player?
Then yes it sounds like a loose connector, at either end?.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder