Make a donation

Author Topic: bin lorry  (Read 2600 times)

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
bin lorry
« on: June 28, 2013, 03:14:32 pm »
Can't believe it bin lorry ripped bumper off wing mirror and foooked alloy wife had car parked at her mothers bin man said he though he had  more room  :rolleye: idiot to say the least .insurance picked up car under two hour getting a4 courtesy car must say impressed with Adrian flux so far 
Sig to big.

Offline simonp

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
Re: bin lorry
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 06:05:03 pm »
That's because they're not paying!

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:48:11 pm »
got an A4 tdi  sat nav leather paddle shift gearbox (dont realy like). parking sensors infact its got all the extras  .not bad for a coutesy car  but would not buy one . cant realy feel the car through the steering  .not enough grunt.
  i was thinking of buying one but now thats not going to happen
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:15:45 pm by divweir »
Sig to big.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 08:45:24 am »
Can't believe it bin lorry ripped bumper off wing mirror and foooked alloy wife had car parked at her mothers bin man said he though he had  more room  :rolleye: idiot to say the least .insurance picked up car under two hour getting a4 courtesy car must say impressed with Adrian flux so far 

Im not the grammar police, but you need to use some commas in there, very hard to read   :P
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:33 pm »

Im not the grammar police, but you need to use some commas in there, very hard to read   :P

Me either, but was thinking the same :P
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline DRM92

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »
That's because they're not paying!

This, would be a lot more hassle if it was the other way!

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 06:28:11 pm »
They're bloody useless.

I once put in a own fault claim with them and then never heard from them again until it came to renewal time. They tried to charge me more, as I had made a claim, so I pointed out to them that I'd paid for the repairs myself, they hadn't lifted a finger or shelled out a single penny and then I told them to sling their hook (once they'd reinstated my NCB) and have never been back!

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 08:31:23 pm »
Third week and still no car .the Audi is growing on me but miss the gti .the Audi costs 174 pound a day  .some one is paying for it and its not me lol .
Sig to big.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »
We all do.

If their insurance is paying, then it isn't coming out of thin air, they sling their 'loss' back onto everyone's premiums.
Sideways yo!

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 09:33:03 pm »
Yes I know that  but unfortunately thats how it works . I just think thats a lot to hire an Audi a 4 .if it was my fault I would have been given a corsa no doubt.
Sig to big.

Offline fonzie2107

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 02:17:54 pm »
Hopefully the other insurance company doesn't dispute the courtesy car cost, it can be a long drawn out process if they do.
When I had a non fault accident in march I ended up with a 2.0 vauxhall insignia Sri turbo, had it just over 4 weeks and it cost £570ish.

£170 a day is an absolute joke.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=bne4g22vlrrr6stcosqn7tmtll&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 02:27:38 pm »
Adrian Flux are rip of merchants.... I Refuse to use them.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 10:45:41 am »
Third week and still no car .the Audi is growing on me but miss the gti .the Audi costs 174 pound a day   .some one is paying for it and its not me lol .

OMG!!! That would be over 5k a month :surprised:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline GTI-Pirelli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 11:28:28 am »
It seems to be all insurance companies when it comes to courtesy cars.

I had a non-fault claim where the courtesy car was around the £175 mark. Like for like replacement = Honda Civic Type R, 1 year older than the Pirelli. Dents and scratches on every panel, warped brake disks and the entire interior was grubby. If it wasn't for the fact that the garage where I dropped the car off to be fixed was closed by the time they finally arrived from Leeds (Erdington, Birmingham), I would have told them to do-one.

They even had the cheek to claim that I had damaged it while I had it. Told them I had photo's of the car on the day I dropped it off (luckily I had one of the side they were referring to) - never heard anything since. Definitely trying it on. The thing was a shed! Don't get me started on refinement - revving the tits off it to get it to go anywhere. I can see the need for sunglasses and a baseball cap, even in November.

LIKE-FOR-LIKE - MY _ _ _ _

I thought there was supposed to be some investigations into the corruption of insurance companies a little while back.

2017 Audi S4

Offline jonnym

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 22
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 11:40:40 am »
This is pure and simple profiteering. Absolutely no way a 'hire' car provided by an insurance company costs this much per day as they will have a fleet arrangement with whoever. Normally it's the public sector getting creamed over!
Or whoever does the contracts needs to sacked!
@PSW - "Candy white ones are the nicest and fastest"